post-natal Dr's appt rant

MrsGM

Bamboozled Mum of 2
Reaction score
well, feeling quite dissapointed with Dr's appt this morning!

Firstly I had a flu jab with the nurse, they said they'd book it around the Dr's but when I got there I'd missed it by 10min, so was then running late :( Not sure if the Dr was annoyed over that, then she had to use an office downstairs because of the pushchair (did offer to carry him up in car seat)

It just felt really rushed, she was desp to wake him for eye checks etc, so ended up pulling his trousers off, so socks everywhere (even with sock ons), she checked his hips & was saying he wasn't being co-operative, erm he's an 8 week old baby? He nearly peed on her but missed, darn it :haha: then she put the nappy back on in such a half-assed fashion

Asked how I was etc, I'm fine, a couple of niggles but she didn't seem too interested...
The contraception WELL! I wanted the coil as have struggled with migraines for yrs with normal pill, told I couldn't have coil for 3 months (this was never mentioned by midwife or health visitor when discussing options) and no point fitting if thinking about another one :( so best option is the mini-pill, not really happy but no choice really :(

So just feeling rushed and dissapointed in contraception advice which has made me cry :cry:

Aww, don't worry! I ALWAYS feel rushed at the doc's. they only have 10 mins max for you and it's like conveyor belt. Is it possible that you see a different GP about contraception? My GP was actually pushing the coil, which I didn't want!
I would seriously see somebody else or talk to your HV and mention it.

Aww hun :hugs: maybe speak to a HV to see if this is true? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->