Post-Natal Embarassing Stories

I hated my cathetar :(
I was desperate to get up and back to normal.. something I thought would happen very easily!
Was proven sooo wrong!

On the plus side, we didn't have to go and wee for a day or two! :haha:

I know I'm a bit dense but how come some people have been catheterised? I've had 5 kids and never had it!

Yeah thats true!
Having it taken out was the worst part. I remember asking the midwives all the time if I could have it taken out!! I don't know why I hated it so much. I think its because (like you Shortie!) I was a Care Assistant so I must just associate it with the elderly and bladder issues...

Little did I know, that was just the beginning of my bladder problems!!

I was because i'd had an epidural basically!! Also had forceps delivery, don't know if that would've made any difference. I wasn't allowed to stand up for ages either after i'd delivered.

Taking dd to a&e with fever, had white jeans on and was carrying her she pooed really bad it came out nappy through her clothes. Yes you've guessed it dripped all down white jeans had to stay like that until went home:haha:

Yeah thats true!
Having it taken out was the worst part. I remember asking the midwives all the time if I could have it taken out!! I don't know why I hated it so much. I think its because (like you Shortie!) I was a Care Assistant so I must just associate it with the elderly and bladder issues...

Little did I know, that was just the beginning of my bladder problems!!

Exactly, never realised how horrible they were though, so made me sympathise with the elderly that need them..(not that I'm goin back to work though:haha:)

i had a catheter but only while they were cutting & stitching me, it was taken out a few hours later. I was bruised for weeks, that was more painful than the stitches!!

well I had it cuz I had a c-section..so they do it because you're unable to get up and walk due to anesthesia..same as if you get an epidural

I know I'm a bit dense but how come some people have been catheterised? I've had 5 kids and never had it!

No idea!!

I was losing loads of blood and they didnt move me to the ward for ages, maybe because I had really bad stitches? They had to use packing to stop me bleeding

So no idea haha

Flippin heck, I never ever realised women could be catheterised during/after labour. I knew I got off easy with my births, I have just realised how easy. Its making me shudder and cross my legs.

im glad mine was removed and i didnt have an epi... i hated having it in there! wasnt painful when they put it in, it was after it was out, the bruised feeling was awful ... i couldnt even stand up for too long :(

I was so bruised afterwards too! Im sure that's why I had pee problems for like 6 months, sometimes still do.
Was horrible :(
Like i'd been kicked down there!!

Something I don't want to experience for a while yet...!!

I had mine overnight and trying to sleep with it was a NIGHTMARE. Hence me wanting to have it taken out ASAP.
It would pull on the side of the bed and it made me cringe. I hated every minute of it. I'd walk to get food holding a cathetar... major cringe!

:rofl: Its actually quite embarassing that im sat here in my university library which happens to be in silence and im sat here reading this giggling away to myself and theres a girl sitting 2 computers down who keeps looking at me :blush:

same when I had my 3rd degree..i didnt poo for 2 weeks..and that reminds me only way I could was in the bath then I had to clean it out..my oh came in to see why i was crying in pain in middle of this :blush:

:rofl: i laughed so much at this!!!!

OMG real tears of laughter at this thread.

I thank my lucky stars that my pelvic muscles still work well after 5 kids lol - Hey I can still trampoline without accidents (of the leakage sort anyway).

My embarrassing post natal incident is minor compared to some of these.

When my 3rd child -Harrison was born my older children were 1 and 2 and for a short while whilst we were moving bedrooms around and decorating they shared a room. They moved into our room in the front and my dressing table was left in there as it was only temporary.
We had just had a new neighbour who we were yet to meet, she had only been there a couple of days when we got a knock at the door about 7am.
There stood my neighbour telling me that my kids were throwing stuff out of the window. My front garden was full of maternity towels, always ultra, paper knickers, a whole box of breast pads were floating round the street and 2 boulder holder maternity bra's were sat on top of my car....

Well it broke the ice with the new neighbour I suppose. :D

:rofl: BRILLIANT way to introduce your family

i remember as soon as i gave birth my OHs dad came in to visit me and the baby, i got up forgetting i had a thick pad on without knickers that the midwife put there so this blood filled pad just fell with a SPLOSH and i just casually walked to the loo dripping blood like it was nothing just going 'sorry about the mess!' i was too exhausted to care

also signed for a delivery with two big boobie wet patches on my grey cotton vest (beyond obvious) never seen a more awkward looking postman in my life

ahahahaha :haha:

my son when he was about 3 i think stuck some of my sanitary towels on the living room window which faces onto a street :)

again BRILLIANT

Other than sugery and epidurals..Sometimes its best to cath a patient because delivery may have been hard onthem and/or their bladder and body. Its just to make it easier in the long run.

I was a L&D nurse :)

I was because i'd had an epidural basically!! Also had forceps delivery, don't know if that would've made any difference. I wasn't allowed to stand up for ages either after i'd delivered.

Really? they kicked me outta the bed pretty quick haha. although the epidural wore off before the real labor started :cry: I was kinda glad to get up and have a shower!!

Haha i remember one i forgot about!! I waddled bad after my delivery, well as soon as we got out of the hospital I had to go get gas pills and stool softner :blush: sorry! lol so I walked in to the grocery store, ok waddled! and waddled up to the cashier she gave me this one eye brow raise like wow that bad huh? (I think she thought i needed the medication thats why i was waddling!!) :blush: LO was with dad in the dvd store!!

I had mine overnight and trying to sleep with it was a NIGHTMARE. Hence me wanting to have it taken out ASAP.
It would pull on the side of the bed and it made me cringe. I hated every minute of it. I'd walk to get food holding a cathetar... major cringe!

It was a challenge trying to change knickers and getting pants on and off!!! Had to get OH to help me, he was so good! I had mine for two nights I think, it's all a blur!!

LOL. Parkep with the waddling!!

I used laxatives too, im sure I still wouldn't have pooed to this day if i'd left it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->