Post partum depression

fashionlover

Reaction score
I had a pretty stressful and anxiety ridden pregnancy as I had VCI. Suffered major depression during pregnancy. I had an elective c section two weeks ago and am having a hard time with recovery. I feel like I am suffering from post partum depression as I cry all day long and feel there is no light at the end of the tunnel. My baby is heathy and happy and that is all that matters. I on the other hand feel like I am going off the deep end. Any advice or shared experiences are welcome.

hello :) im sorry to hear you had a hard time during your pregnancy and you are feeling what you think is PND, I was in denial for 6 months after having my LO, wouldn't admit to anyone I was feeling this way, had a brave face on but deep down I knew I wasn't right, finally told my OH and GP and that helped tremendously, my gp recommended I started AD and on the waiting list for councilling as a lot had happened after having my daughter (termination, boyfriend cheating whilst I was pregnant) a lot went on, but im now 6 weeks in to taking my meds and I can say I feel like my old self again, its a long road but honestly there is a light at the end of the tunnel, don't be afraid to ask for help, doesn't mean you are a bad mother, your a great mother and the fact you can recognise you don't feel right Is wonderful, I wish I asked for help sooner but I am so happy im starting to get better and enjoy this time in my life. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->