"Post Partum" depression

theiska

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's grief, the awful winter weather, hormones or what, but I'm extremely tired all the time. I'm angry at my job, because I feel it's a waste of my time, which seems so much more precious after the miscarriages. It's only been 2 weeks since the miscarriage. I would guess that my hormones s aren't quite back to normal yet, but I am having a hell of a go with trying to stay afloat with work, kids, and household chores.

Hi theiska

Its all of the above, i'm just 2 weeks after my D&C and you should see my house its upside down, I'm back at work but I keep waking up at stupid hours roaming around the house so I'm exhausted work has been great,I've a great boss who is understanding and told me if I need timeout take it.

Did you like your job before this? when you have a loss,you question everything all aspects your life, can you take sometime off?

try to be good to yourself and get angry its part of the grieving process xx

Sorry you're feeling so low Theiska. :hugs: But yeah, all perfectly normal two weeks after a d&c unfortunately. If it's any consolation, you'll feel much better once your hormones settle which may start to happen very soon. For me, I was completely shattered physically for about 2 ½ weeks I think. Then I felt a lot better for about a week until I ovulated and now I'm back to feeling pretty hormonal (stressed easily, angry for no reason). From what I remember from last time, it all settles down a lot after first AF though. So try to be patient with yourself but don't worry, it'll pass.

Thanks for the support. Yesterday was an awful day. I realized the baby had been dead for as long as he or she had been alive and it just had me distracted and panicky. It doesn't seem like that long because there was no growth for 3 weeks before we realized the loss.

It's funny what can trigger my emotions. Somedays I'm fine and I can admire women with huge baby bumps and smile. Other days I can barely keep it together if I see the word "pregnant."

Lost, I did have issues with my job before the last miscarriage, but maybe I realized them more after the first one (Nov. and Jan. MCs).

I think there's something to me just evaluating my life after the loss.

Amygdala, I didn't have AF after the first loss because we got pregnant right away again, so I appreciate the info that it might bring about some relief. I was wondering and hoping that would be the case.

Seriously you guys are so great. I feel like my head is screwed on a bit better today, knowing I'm not alone or crazy. *HUGS*

Hugs to you. How have you been feeling this weekend?

I started to feel a bit better yesterday. I was totally exhausted Saturday though. Physically I'm not quite back to normal yet. I lose my breath quite easily. Maybe I'm slightly anemic from the blood loss. My ex husband of all people has been very helpful. Today I'm not sad how most people seem to think depressed people are, but I can't focus and find little meaning in day to day activity like work. I'm applying to new jobs and tonight I'm going to start my application for a pre-med program. I don't think this is necessarily grief so much as an enlightened way of thinking caused by the loss. I feel an urgent need to follow my dreams and live life to the fullest.

I truly believe this grief opens your eyes to who you really are and what you really want.

I miscarried back in April and still have days when it takes everything I have to face the world. Then the other days aren't so bad, but I think about my baby every day. I hold my kids tighter, I don't freak out at work as much, and I know I'm stronger than I could have ever imagined.

I hope you have brighter days ahead and allow yourself time to be sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->