Post partum depression

Pitbullmom29

Pregnant-1st Trimester
Reaction score
I think I've finally come to terms with having post partum depression. I'm 5 weeks post partum and I've been feeling like this for most of the 5 weeks. I'm not really sad but I'm quick to anger and I just feel nothing. I love my son but I just feel empty. Now that I've come to terms with it today, I have no energy, very tired, and jus overall feel down. I have an appt next week with my doctor where I'm going to mention how I feel. I won't keep quiet just because of the stigma. We should be able to talk about how we feel and not be judged.

Hi hunny I had bad pnd when I had my son. You are doing the right thing by going to the drs hunny. Mine got worse through lack of sleep. My husband ( at the time) was signed off work and I was put on tablets. I ended up on a mother and baby unit and THEY taught me there is NO stigma to having any mental health illness. I had lots of baths with my baby to help me bond. Also my parents were amazing do you have any friends THAT could just sit with lo to give you a couple of hours sleep. Take care hunny cxxx

Thank you for your response. I'm ready to get help and feel like my old self again. My husband is available, but he works and tries to help me when he gets home. My parents and friends are great now knowing that I'm having a hard time. I thought things were fine but I was wrong and finally came to terms with it.

I'm glad you're going to seek out help, there is no reason you need to carry on feeling this way. Thank you for taking care of yourself ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->