Post pregnancy belly bands/wraps?

gemm

Mum of 3 Boys :)
Reaction score
Does anyone plan on using one?

has anybody already used one post birth and have any reviews?

I'm seriously considering them as having a baby so close to the warmer months i feel like having something to hold in the pudge and help position everything back might be a good investment!?

can you wear them with semi tight tops? How much would you have to pay for a decent one that works?

any advice greatly appreciated!

:flower:

I havent heard of them before but i did hear one of the hollywood celebs use a back support to help suck her belly in and i was planning on using that as i tried it before i was pregnant and it does work but i figure it will work better after having a baby coz your muscles will be trying to get back to normal!

xx

I was reading a thread about this before, I'm sure I was...

Think they called it belly binding or wrapping. Apparently they work wonders after you've had LO, I've never tried one before so don't quote me on that.

I'm sure someone mentioned the belly bandit was supposed to be good...

I may try one after I've had LO :flower:

I've had a google and so far it seems the belly bandit is the best one....

here's a couple of links

https://www.vespaandtheladybird.co.uk/products.html

https://www.bellybandit.co.uk/

It's commonly used here in Asia, from way back in the old days. The body wrap should wrap around your tummy and hips. They could either be velcro or use buttons to bind the wrap firmly.

I got a locally made wrap, it's skin colour, elastic and has Velcro closure for about £15. Will be using it soon after delivery. I am not sure if it's commonly found where you live?

Kourtney Kardashian used the bellybandit and apparently it worked pretty well for her.
she looks great.

It's commonly used here in Asia, from way back in the old days. The body wrap should wrap around your tummy and hips. They could either be velcro or use buttons to bind the wrap firmly.

I got a locally made wrap, it's skin colour, elastic and has Velcro closure for about £15. Will be using it soon after delivery. I am not sure if it's commonly found where you live?

I don't think its as common in the UK i think its relatively new! x wow! £15 is amazing! here they retail for around £40!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko: and i don't think they come down as far as your hips here either its seems more mid tummy ....

I've been researching this (as I just heard about it as well) and I'm completely sold! I just want to find one that's not as pricey...especially since you will "grow out" of it so fast

Gemm, yeah it can be quite reasonably priced here because belly wrapping is a traditional thing to do after delivery. Of course in the past they just used long strips of cloth to bind. These days, there's all the high-tech materials and Velcro :)

Some bands are like corsets, similar to the belly Bandit. There are also those that reach to the hips. I prefer the ones that reach to the hips just because personally,hips tend to widen during pregnancy and I'd love to wrap them back int shape too :) hehe.

Oooh and you've got to wrap right after delivery for at least 3 months. If you only start wrapping long after, it doesn't work.

What about for women who are having c-section? Because it might hurt a bit to wrap their stomach tightly. Any suggestions?

I heard they help shrink your uterus after the birth also

What about for women who are having c-section? Because it might hurt a bit to wrap their stomach tightly. Any suggestions?

Hi, it's safe for those with C-section. Just speak to your midwife about when to start wrapping, most likely you can wrap a week after the operation. Also, use the Velcro type of wrap, not the one with buttons.

All my friends who have wrapped look great post delivery! My best friend regretted for not wrapping, she's now 4 months post delivery and it's too late to start.

wouldn't you think if you've got something wrapped round tight, the muscels would relax and go weak cuz their jobs being done for them?

Well, the muscles are already relaxed and ligaments fully stretched out due to relaxin. Normally, without a wrap, the body slowly tries to get back to it's normal shape without relaxin. Without support, there's only so much it can go back to. With the wrap, it holds the body parts in place while relaxin slowly dissipates from the body. Healing takes on the shape where it's binded. This is entirely different from exercising where muscles are provided resistance to tone up. I speak only from what traditionally has worked for generations, so it's very much up to the individual to choose.

JaniceT is absolutely right. My mum mentioned this to me last week and she used just an ordinary long cloth. She said after birth your tummy feels really loose, especially when you try and move when laying in bed, bloody freaked me out!! Can anyone recommend one they have used?

i would like one of these but want one that is reasonable in price and goes down to my hips- maybe making one would be an option or searching corsets on ebay

I read in a review for the belly bandit that the author abandoned the belly bandit because it was too uncomfortable, so she just went with an extra wide Tensor bandage instead - and she said it worked miracles and was way more comfortable. So if you're looking for an inexpensive (and possibly better) way to go about it - that would be about $5 or so?

what about tummy control style things? do you suppose they work too? or do they have to hug your body in a certain way :shrug:

like this

https://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNAgRbP1snwVzKKCiPD___7MOzAtIHkzQe1HOd_h4tfD9E1Za7

or (i have one like this from when i got married lol)

https://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvSuZGv9329Q5-GedRZDqbhovrmlrStyUJSP9sXApg0Xwn8gba

Gemm, I'd imagine those would work fine too, provided they are tight fitting.

I used a real corset when I had my DD 6 years ago, and I really back them. It worked wonders, and it also made me feel amazing about myself. I have one similar to this:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41q1AedevbL._SL400_.jpg

It laces up the back as well. Granted, I like the posture fixing boning of a real corset. Some people don't like that. So whatever floats your boat. :)

Do you wear them in bed as well as during the day,or just during the day Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->