Post vasectomy babies?

Blackrain90

DS-2 & Bean on the way!
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post as I'm not actively trying.

Period is almost a week late. My period is usually EXTREMELY heavy but I've been spotting very light for 4 days- enough that I wear a tampon, but not very much each time (mostly brown with a bit of pink or red some times).
Husband had a vasectomy 6 months ago, and had a negative pregnancy test on Wednesday (though I've been known to ovulate late in my cycles). I've had 4 regular periods since my son was born (cycles were 26, 29 and 28 days, and currently on day 35). Sometimes spotting before them but not much and no more than 2 days.
Had my usual PMS a week before it was due (specifically sore nipples while nursing, grumpy/emotional and a bit of cramping), but they mostly disappeared around when it was due, and I've had occasional headaches since.

Have started working out lately, but only 3 times total, and only 1 time was before my period was due.
Back to work a few weeks ago but not too stressed.

Any thoughts? I keep thinking it's coming (a bit of red) and then it goes back to brown spotting, like PSYCH! The urge to test is killllllling me even though I know the odds are so slim.

Hormones are crazy things! You're right, chances are slim, but it's not impossible! Hoping you'll update if you do test or if AF comes!

Wondering about an update as well!! Did your husband do the post vasectomy seminalysis? I'm still waiting on my husband to do his and I keep psyching myself out too! Ive tested numerous times in the last few months cuz I'm crazy like that, haha! I only have 5 IC's left and refuse to buy any more after those are gone, there's a reason we got a vasectomy! But the urge to test lately again is real...I even dreamt about getting a positive last night on a FRER! Once that seminalysis comes back I think I can stop thinking about it every month. Also I'm still breastfeeding my 1.5 year old and haven't had a period yet so I have NO clue at all where I would be at if a cycle was to start...complicates things just a little bit more, lol. Anyway, please update when you can! xo

My husband hasn't gotten the analysis done as it's hard to do around his work hours.

Period finally showed up though, and seemed normal so I guess just funky hormones. So weird! This is the one thing I hate about being off BC is not knowing exactly when it will show up haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"