Post your favorite baby food recipe!

CeliaM

Pregnant mom of 2
Reaction score
I'm putting together a book of baby food recipes for a friend for a baby shower, and for that (and my own cooking delights of course!) I'd love to hear your babies favorite recipies!

I'll start with a couple. My LO is just starting solids, so we've not done many yet.

Apple and Fig Brown Rice Cereal
5 Cups Water
3/4Cup Brown Rice Flour
2 Cups diced cored peeled apples (that’s about 2 apples)
1/2Cup chopped dried figs
1. Bring water to a boil over medium heat. SLOWLY whisk rice flour into water, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook until thickened, about 10mins. Add apples and figs, stir well to combine. Set aside for at least one hour, up to 2 hours, whisking occasionally. Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
2.To serve, reheat ½ cup cooked cereal with ¼ cup water over low heat until warm.

Caramelized Parsnip Puree
4 Parsnips, peeled and halved
1.5 Cups Water
1.On a baking sheet, roast parsnips in preheated oven at 350 until soft and golden brown, about an hour. Scrape in the drippings as well, as that’s got lots of good flavor in it.
2.Chop parsnips and transfer to pot with water. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until water is reduced by about half, about 5mins.
3.Puree
(make a big batch and the family can use them as a substitute for mashed potatoes! And you can also add in some cooked and pureed cauliflower to the mix for variety.)

lol thanks. Thats helpful! I'm not so observant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->