Posterior baby at 34+2, any tips to shift him to anterior?

Firestar

Pregnant with first :)
Reaction score
Finally he isn't transverse anymore, but he seems to have settled head down into a posterior position over the last few weeks (posterior and slightly turned to the right according to my midwife).

My mum was telling me that both me and my brother were posterior and her labour with both of us was rife with backache, so I'm getting worried!

Is he likely to shift himself naturally, or is there anything I can do to give him a helping hand? If I can help him along the way, any tips would be welcome! :) Placenta is anterior high - don't know if that makes any difference.

He's great apart from his position - growing well (still measuring over the 90th percentile) and his heartbeat is exactly what it should be which are the most important things :)

Get on your hands and knees, don't slouch back into your sofa!!! Try to lean forward or sit on a birth ball. If this continues into labour be on your hands and knees a lot as often they do turn in labour. Try looking on the spinning babies we site for lots of tips x

My baby was the the same at 36 weeks, all i did was lots and lots of walking to the point where my feet hurt:(, used a birthing ball and do lots of high bouncing whilst watching telly (if you have one), i walked up and down the stairs until my thighs hurt, and got on all fours for at least 20 minuets a day.
Oh and sit forward instead of lounging because it squishes her and she's more inclined to move.
I had an appointment yesterday, 39+6 and she had turned.
Hope that helps x

Ds1 was posterior right up until labour. I used a ball from 37 weeks (when he went head down from breech) so I'm not sure if that helped, but I stood up and leant forward during my early contractions which turned him anterior naturally.

Thanks everyone - loads of useful suggestions :) Got the birthing ball, been using it since 32 weeks, it's already done the job of shifting him from transverse which is great. Will try walking as much as possible, and the hands/knees trick (stairs might have to wait for a bit due to breathlessness).

Fingers crossed - shifting him has become the mission of the last few weeks :)

Www.spinningbabies.com has a lot of info on this. My son was back to back when I gave birth. It wasn't that bad. That being said I will be doing everything in my power to not have another OP baby, lol:)

It may just turn!
My first was so persistently posterior, he even came out face up! I did all sorts to turn him, but nothing worked, think it was his short cord.
This baby, however, turned to the side a few days before coming out.. and came out the right way round! I didn't do anything, he just decided himself.
Labour wise I found them both similar tbh, as both were fast and intense once established. Main difference was this one was easier to push out, I just let my body do it. With my first I actually had to push with some force. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->