Posterior/rear facing cervix

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my cervix is posterior. Unless I can reach towards the back (which is really difficult) you can never feel the opening very easily. I'm wondering if this is affecting our efforts to get pregnant? I don't remember it being posterior with my ds, could it have changed since?

I keep worrying how my dhs swimmers will ever find the way in!!!

Please tell me I'm overthinking this! Or is it a genuine problem? I fell first try with ds and now I'm feeling frustrated that it's not happening as quickly this time.

Thanks

I'm not a medical expert, but I don't think that is very likely. Sometimes it is just hard to feel if open or closed or what. I know I can never feel that for sure.
It is totally normal to take 6 months or more to conceive whether on your first or 10th kid. People who get that bfp in the first 3 months of trying are just super lucky- statistically it does happen. Its an average. For some it may take 2 years or more for some it may take 3 months or less... It's a luck and random chance thing.

Fx, how long have you been trying? We got pregnant with DS1 the first time we tried. For baby 2, it took 5 months then I miscarried, and it was another 5 months before I got pregnant with this boy, so 10 cycles total for a successful pregnancy. I believe it was stress related in my situation as hubs and I are both healthy otherwise.

Regarding the cervix, do you check it often? It can change daily, even throughout the day. When you're fertile, it will rise up very high and get very soft and kind of "squish back" at the back of the vaginal canal, and when that happens it isn't firm enough to point in any direction. A tilter cervix when it's firm shouldn't affect fertility :thumbup:

Hope that explanation makes sense!

We've been trying since July but took 2 cycles off for various reasons, so this is our 4th month trying. I do check it often but it's not very helpful as it does move around a lot, however the direction the opening points is always the same. It goes high but I don't think it's ever that soft :(

Have you done opk's? Those will be a way better indicator than cervix alone. Also cervical mucus can be more helpful but it takes a couple months to really know the pattern it follows.

Yes opks were helpful (always had a clear progression and strong positive) when I put all the signs together, including cm so I'm not using opks at the moment as wanted to just be a bit more relaxed about it!! Ha ha!! It wasn't that I was using checking my cervix to tell when I'm fertile, but wanted to see whether it does or doesn't change direction because I'm just worried it being posterior is making it harder to get a bfp!

Got cha. Not sure it's helping though :haha: if you've been checking cm maybe just stick to that as your fertility sign and when you see it transition, then check cp. co alone is pretty confusing, and it's useless after you ovulate since it doesn't change usually until after you've confirmed pregnancy (I think I was about 5.5 weeks when it finally went high and out of reach).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->