Posterior tongue tie and weaning?

pinklizzy

Mummy to two little bears
Reaction score
Obviously we're a way off weaning still at the moment and it may be a non-issue by the time we get there but I'm just a bit concerned.
Little man has a posterior tongue tie which was missed-we had lots of issues with BF and despite me asking over 10 different health professionals about it (my daughter had an obvious tongue tie at the front so I was concerned) it wasn't picked up before I'd failed at continuing with it.
He still struggles with bottle feeding at times, he leaks milk everywhere and will 'choke' halfway through his feed as he gets tired through sucking. He is putting on weight though and as a consequence I can't get the GP to do anything with regards snipping it.
At the moment I just want to cry as if I'd stuck with the BF despite him loosing weight, my nipples being shredded and him basically drinking blood from the nipple shields, they would probably be referring him but because I gave up we can't get any help and I was so desperate to BF :cry:
Anyway, I'll stop rambling on but I'm just a bit concerned about it having an effect on weaning if it's left? He seems to struggle to control the milk as it gets to the back of his throat and I'm worried whether this would continue with his dealing with soild food?
If anyone has any experience I'd be really glad to hear them. :flower:

Id keep on to ur hv hun . I rung the actul hospital and asked to speak to the lady hu cuts the toungue tie . Mine little boys was cut at 3 weeks as he was struggling to suck a bottle spluttering and v windy . He wasnt losing weight x I have no idea aboit weaning tho hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->