Posting photos of LO online?

Tigerlily01

Reaction score
Will you? Won't you?

I'm just curious what everyone's thoughts are. I have some friends who post hundreds of photos of their kids on social networking sites, and others who do not, and are adamant that no one else post photos of them either.

What do you all think?

I'm not sure. I don't think I will want to post many pictures online, but I'm sure I'll do some! What kind of makes me nervous is sending pictures to my mother in law. She loves posting pictures of the grandkids she has now, and I know that it's because she's proud of them and wants to share with friends and family, but I don't think I'd like that. She posted pictures that my husband sent of us from our honeymoon before we even got back - I hadn't even seen them yet! I think that sort of stuff is definitely not malicious, but ends up really being inconsiderate, and I'd like to avoid situations like that as much as possible!

It's a personal decision but I personally feel that a few are ok but I wouldnt like other people posting photos of my son without my permission first
xoxooxoxoxox

I always said I won't until I realised how hard a job it is to send everyone pictures personally when they requested. So I post them anyway.

For me, I dont mind posting pictures of my kids on facebook or on here. that being said, my facebook page is private and I only add people I know. I also dont mind certain people posting pictures of my kids if they did something special with them or something like that. But if they were personal pictures I sent them, just for them, then it might bother me. Kind of like what a PP had said about their MIL posting pics of their honeymoon...that would bother me. It is definitely a personal decision on what youre comfortable with, though. :flower:

I won't be posting pictures, at least not for awhile. I have a problem with my "friends" sharing too much information about me to others. What I post on Facebook and what you repeat from my Facebook should be very different things. I even have people watch me shop in our local stores and tell people what I buy. It's a bit silly.

I think a few are fine but some people on my FB just go crazy and post literally loads of practically the same picture!

Also, its what kind of picture you post- I have one mum on FB that thinks its ok to post nakes pictures of here kids in the bath and running around the garden!

I hadn't thought of it till I read a magazine article on it and I immediately decided no I won't. I want to teach my children about internet safety and can't do that with everything about their life online from conception onwards. Also if u put a picture on facebook and someone else comments on it or tags themself its then on their facebook and any of their friends can just click and save it to their computer. I post pics of niece n nephews but that's just because their parents are ok with it and its their job to teach them about stuff. If one or two happened to end up on their I wudnt go mad and make them take it off but I can't tell my 13 year old daughter not to post pictures of herself to people when that's all iv done from when she was in utero

Just my opinion x

I will but I will keep it to a minimum and put it on private on fb. I will probably post on here but also keep it to a minimum. Wouldn't want friends posting pics of my LO on fb unless they were private or private messaged to me.

I have a list of friends of facebook who i share my pictures with, i don't share them with everyone on my facebook list as i know some are only on there to be nosey and bitchy (as we all do :haha: lol ) so i have a list that i will select when posting photos on there (mainly family members)
also my profile is set completely private so i don't appear in the searches, only friends can see what i post and i make sure that all the things i post can't be seen by anyone else.

I post hundreds of pictures, I have family all over the world and it's much easier to upload pictures to my facebook instead of emailing them all.

I probably won't and it will be hard as my mum lives in Australia. But I'm kinda fed up with Facebook now, I seem to get all the important news through it and just don't like it. I'm even considering not being on Facebook. The only but is my mum but I can always email her :)

I do, our family are spread all over do getting to see photos on Facebook is the easiest way to share them. My profile is set to friends only so no one else can get to them.

I will be. I'm already a chronic over-sharer on Facebook, but like some of the PPs I have almost all my settings set to the max privacy, and I only friend people I know and do regular culls. Also my family is spread all around the world, so this is an easy way to update everyone quickly.

I don't use Facebook anyway as I don't trust it and I think it's so impersonal. So I won't be posting photos of LO online and I have asked others not to as well.

My husband is dead-set against posting pictures of our kids on facebook, and that kind of bummed me about until random people kept sharing MY wedding photos and passing them off as their own. It really freaked me out how people have no problem taking something so meaningful to you and passing it off as their own life. When you tag friends in a photo, then all of their friends list has access to it, and that is what my problem was. (Just to clarify, my profile is completely private, as are my pictures, it was friends of the people tagged in my photos, which were the wedding party and guests, that stole my photos)

I would like to post a few pictures here and there, but I will definitely not be one of those people that post 20 shots a day of my kid eating cheerios.

I'm on the fence with this since I don't have any children yet.I do have friends on facebook who post pictures of their kids and that's the only way I can see some of them.

I will be. I Share a lot of pictures already especially of important/fun events and I know i will be so proud of my kid that I will want to share with family and friends. I have families on my Facebook that take monthly pictures of their babies with a sign or foam letters that say how many months they are and I think it is adorable. I also have a mom of one of my old babies at a previous center I worked in and she takes a pic of her kid every morning either in the carseat, or at daycare and wishes everyone a good morning with a smiley face, its always nice to see.

I think I would post a few, to keep the friends and family I hardly get to see ( like my Uncle, who is near constantly away with the NZ Army) updated. But I imagine this to be 3-5 photos a month give or take. In saying that...I hardly ever post anything online.

I don't and won't. Once you upload a photo to facebook, facebook owns the picture and can do what it wants with it. No matter what your privacy is set to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->