Posting photos of LO online?

Thanks, everyone. I'm kind of torn, so it helps to see everyone else's opinions. On the one hand, it is nice to be able to share photos easily, but on the other hand, once it's on the internet, you can't get it back! I know MIL will post photos, not sure about OH...he'll probably want to as well. My family tends not to post online, though.

Why am I always late to the good topics!?! lol. For me, it depends on the medium. I don't like the idea of posting pics of my soon-to-be kids (or me, for that matter) on the pregnancy forums (I'm an active member of 3). I love you ladies but there's so much anonymity on here (and personal stuff that we all share) that I don't want to share my personal details on here as well.

As far as social media, I don't care. It's open for the world to see and I'll share pictures at will. What's the worst that can happen? Some random person sees me and my family? Ok. Good for them. If someone is that gung-ho about stalking me, a little Facebook privacy settings aren't going to do much to deter them. (and...this might be me watching too much Dexter, but....I'd rather have weirdos stalking my fb then stalking me in a car down the street with their camera and telescopic lens. LMAO)

But in all seriousness, I've never been good at sending out holiday cards, or pictures, or any of that jazz. Facebook allows me to share with everyone I know, and allows other people (family and friend, included) to pick up the slack when I get busy. (What? I didn't post pics of our last visit? That's okay, SIL has them on her FB page).

What's the worst that can happen? Someone can right click on an adorable picture of ur little one and save it to their computer where they can use it how it pleases them.
The thought of that terrifies me to my soul, if it wasn't for that I wud put them on. Il use some other way, even if it means texting my family regular pictures of little one I will just to keep them mine

What's the worst that can happen? Someone can right click on an adorable picture of ur little one and save it to their computer where they can use it how it pleases them.
The thought of that terrifies me to my soul, if it wasn't for that I wud put them on. Il use some other way, even if it means texting my family regular pictures of little one I will just to keep them mine

This is my husband's reasoning as well.

I'm terrified of putting pictures online and having some weirdo come up to me in our local store and start talking to me about her with details.

Just because your profile is private doesn't mean your friends won't show people.

How would it please them? Jerking off to a pic of my daughter? Weird....but whatever. Its not like their doing anything TO her. Or maybe...they take a not so pretty pic and turn it into a meme.....and it goes viral. Awesome. Me and my daughter are the next David after dentist.

I dunnno....maybe I'm not that interesting...but ive never had random ppl approach me bc of some picture they've seen of me online .... and ive been making my life public to great wide interwebs for over 20 years. I have no reason to think someone will choose me-- out of the billions of people in The world -- to stalk based solely on a random photo ive posted online ..lol. I'm more concerned with the psychotic transients that live on my corner

Ud be surprised how sick some ppl are. If it doesn't bother u that someone cud he using ur pictures for indecent things then that's ur dilemma over with and post away but having been someone on the other end of a sick and twisted mind I intend to protect my children from everything like that as much as possible. U can't guarantee they don't no u either, they may then use that as escalation. It's just not worth the risk

I post loads of photos of my children but I am selective about who sees them. I am careful about who is a "friend" on fb and certain photographs are not posted at all. For example I am potty training my daughter so she often has just knickers and a tshirt on. I wont post these photos or any without a top on, and never any bath time photos. I also ask people to ask me for permission before they post any photographs of my children and vet them. I know what my privacy settings are but have no control over friends settings so I feel I need to be careful. Xxx

I think we will post photos, but not constantly like certain people I know who posted a new photo everytime someone new held their baby :wacko: The same person got deleted and blocked as she decided to do that whole pretend I'm pregnant christmas facebook status thing :grr:

Anyway, back to the topic lol, we've got family spread over the uk and I want to be able to share things with them, espescially MIL as I know she'll want to feel as included as possible, even though she does my head in sometimes :rofl:

omg I can't stand it when people post new pics every five minutes. I have quite a few "friends" on facebook that post a new status update or pic about their child every hour. it's like..yes, I get it...your child's cute...but there's a limit people. LOL

It drives me mad when I read 'oh I'm so proud of ...... Using the potty, he's been for 3 wees today' I'm just like really?!?! Why does the world need to no that ur child had a wee in his flamin potty, get a grip, yes ur proud of ur child and yes ur a mummy but jeez there is more to life than potty training and children

I have a friend from childhood who posts a zillion pictures of her 3 year old, and I swear that little girl NEVER wears a shirt! She's always topless, which is innocent when you're a kid, but that is the type if thing that would worry me to put out there. She's really cute, though!

I do post them on Facebook but only friends can see them. Some of the photos of my DS are only viewable by family members (bath ones etc.). I did used to post pictures on here but I no longer do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->