• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

postitive line vanished 15 mins later??????????

debbie2911

Reaction score
hello everyone :D

I just posted this in someone else's thread but thought i would post myself see what anyone thinks.

On sat & sun i had a very faint positive on strip tests, but you could hardly see them, then on monday morning a neg test and i ended up in hospital due to a suspected uti, also on mon i had a tiny bit of pink when i wiped, they tested me there and also neg, then had to go to the doctors on tues retested for uti was neg and preg test neg, so this morning i tested with a midstream test and after 60 secs the line appeared, i took a photo to send to my DH and after 15 mins i was looking at it and the line started to dissapear, right in front of my eyes it just vanished, i riped test apart when DH came home and on the strip not even a faint line but when you turn it on its side there was 2 pink marks. i am so confussed anyone else had this? im going to test again in morning, also what do you think of pic.
thanks

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 93
hi --exact same happend me yesterday morn with a FR----i was delighted--then decided to show DH---and was so embarassed when it had disappeared--he probably thinks that i am mad!!! its so annoying....hope we get our BFPs soon..xx

hello think it was your thread i posted on, was it the same test? maybe dodgy test :( what i dont understand is the control line came first then the positive line appeared but never heard of a line vanishing, i always thought it was supposed to stay pos for at least 48hrs. wonder if this has happened to anyone else and has been preg xx

hello think it was your thread i posted on, was it the same test? maybe dodgy test :( what i dont understand is the control line came first then the positive line appeared but never heard of a line vanishing, i always thought it was supposed to stay pos for at least 48hrs. wonder if this has happened to anyone else and has been preg xx

hi Debbie---I have googled it and this has happened many many people----I read responses where the girl was pregnant ----but maybe im trying to be too optimistic about the whole thing!!!
My test was First Response----and i was a bit annoyed as so many girls on this website say how good they are! that was why I bought them---I think im probably too early testing--I am still getting faint positives on IC's (low cost pregnany tests all the time) but im not sure if they are evaps or what but I am hoping that they are not

let me know how you get on....I am not going to test tomorrow --going to leave it for a day!!xx

i am prob to early to as i think its 10dpo. i have been using cheapy ones and those where the ones i was getting faint lines on but after that, the docs was neg, so i bought some more cheap ones but a different brand. ill def be testing tomorrow im to impatient :) i will do also let me no how you get on.
good luck and thanks xx

Hi Debbie--we are both at the 10dpo mark--we are like twins--I am addicted to testing as well----I will do the cheapie tests tomorrow as I do them all the time anyhow---but i used 2 expensive ones today and only have 2 expensive ones left so going to try to keep them until friday----if I can be good!!:):)

oh how exciting fingers crossed for us both :D i keep putting of buying the expensive ones, but i will friday if still no luck. you will have to make sure you keep me updated and if nothing this month, then maybe next month :) xx

The acidity of your urine can control the line sometimes, but I think you did it! Good Luck and update us!!:thumbup::hugs:

i remember watching a test once, & it seemed that the urine passed over the strip, then went over it a second time, if that makes sense?
i hope this is your :bfp:!
xx

OMG...I can imagine that must be VERY frustrating! I would try to test again. I have never heard of that happening! I hope you get your BFP! xx

i remember watching a test once, & it seemed that the urine passed over the strip, then went over it a second time, if that makes sense?
i hope this is your :bfp:!
xx

oh i never thought of that and i suppose i could of kept it in urine stream to long, thanks i dont feel preg im just so confused, hopefully tomorrow i will no. thats what confused me the most was the control line came first before test line xx

You can actually flood the tests with too much urine! I used to think holding it in there for that little bit longer gave the hpt a better chance of picking up weak hcg, but turns out it doesnt, thats why they tell us to only have it in there for 10 seconds!:blush: Fingers crossed for you both! xxxx:hugs:

This happened to me last week..with a cheapie midstream from earlypregnancytests.com. I got a faint line. Was excited and showed hubby. within 4 minutes it was gone. Tried a strip from there negative. Tried a FRER it was negative. So I decided to wait until the next day on a FRER negative. I have had negatives since then. AF was due yesterday/today and hasnt shown. So I know how you feel. Good Luck.

this has just happened to me too! ic's from
they were so faint though, maybe evaps...i couldn't see them unless they were tilted the right way in the right light.... i am also 9 or 10 dpo and trying to wait till friday! ha fat chance! i am weak and my husband thinks i'm nutty....

it happens to me too... but the lines dissapeared the next day... the funny thing, i bring the tests (3 bfps) to show to my doc... luckily he didn't ask to look at those tests... he just said it might be too early to see anything on scan yet, and ask me to come another 2 weeks for scan... when i entered my car to go home, i took out the tests, and see all :bfp: lines are vanished... what a shame if i show them to doc... but certain tests, are still have :bfp: on them till now.... yes, i'm poas addict...

hi --exact same happend me yesterday morn with a FR----i was delighted--then decided to show DH---and was so embarassed when it had disappeared--he probably thinks that i am mad!!! its so annoying....hope we get our BFPs soon..xx

I had the same thing happen last week on a FRER.. it was clear as day for about an hour .. i did the test when i was in M&S loo's lol!!.. and then had to drive to a meeting and kept looking at the line and it was still there and then by the time i got home and wanted to take a pic it was so faint that it did'nt show on camera, then had negatives since.. soooo annoying!.. I don't know the outcome as AF still not arrived but still getting Negatives grrrrr!!!

ok most tests even a frer can sometimes look like a line is appearing whilst urine is still moving along happens near enough everytime i test :blush: so now what i do is pee on the stick the leave it on side se an alarm for 3 min on fone they go check if i see the white behind the test is still pink i know its not finished yet and i leave it a min longer more then no line i know neg if line then yay :bfp:, hope its ur :bfp: hunny did u test again yet? xx

hello thanks for all your replys and yes tested again put no luck :( only a evap line, grey as ever lol and af arrived half hour later, im a day early and its very light which is strange for me but theres always next month :) xx

sorry about that debbie---at least u can party over xmas and try next month...really hoped it would be a BFP for you:(

hi carrie--yea i was same as you---still waiting impatiently here--taken loads of IC tests but im giving the expensive tests a miss for a few days..xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"