Postpartum AF

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by nikky0907, Apr 18, 2009.

1. nikky0907

nikky0907 Well-Known Member

After giving birth, did AF become better, worse, or stayed the same for you?

Cause before I got pregnant I was blessed with the most perfect :witch:.
    Zero pain, light flow, short duration (5 days max) and on the dot every 28 days.

Now after I gave birth they are horrible! :cry:
    Heavy, crampy, the first two days of it I'm white as a ghost! And it last longer and comes on every 26 days!

I thought it will get better now that I'm on birth control but still nothing! :hissy:
    Am I alone in AF hell?
    xxxx

2. claire-lou

claire-lou Jack & Martha's Mummy

I can't help hun I'm still waiting but didn't want to read and run :hugs:

3. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

Just had my 1st and its been awful so know what u mean:(

4. JennTheMomma

JennTheMomma Mommy of 1 & Expecting #2

Mine stayed the same, but they are different for everyone. Sometimes the first couple can be pretty bad.

5. BlackBerry25

BlackBerry25 Helena & Elliot <3

I am the exact same as you! I just started my bc this week though, so I will let you know if it changes anything for me. What are you on? I am on Yasmin.

6. FierceAngel

FierceAngel Guest

ive just gone onto contraception.. so hoping will catch my cycle early..

i suffer from endemetrious and without the ocp i have heavy periods tht confine me to be the first few days and tend to last anything up to three weeks...

i was told before i fell pregnant tht having kids can be a partial cure for endo.. so heres hoping!

7. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

After having Jade my periods improved as I started with reasonable heavy periods as a teenager. Then when I had Alfie OMG they are the worst I could ever imagine - heavy is an understatement :( I am also on for around 7 days too.

I am hoping this LO will put me back to a light flow and a few days long. x

8. maddiwatts19

maddiwatts19 Guest

mine were horrible before i got pregnant.. regular, but painful and heavy. so i can kind of sympathise with you..
    now i'm on BCP tho and i'm not having periods, but i'm still getting horrible pains at the time AF is due...
    i dont know what you have over there, but we have a pill called Feminax here thats just designed for period pain, and personally, it used to work wonders!!!! or a hotwater bottle on your belly when the pain starts.. :hugs: xx