Potatoes

Bec L

Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy
Reaction score
This is probably a stoopid question but in what form do you give your LOs potatoes? I have some organic spuds which say they're good for roasting, mashing or boiling.

So if I boil them and mash them is that enough or do I puree too? And do I add anything ie unsalted butter or oil, or cow's milk or should it be breast milk? Arrggh am so confused!! Help!!:dohh:

My baby has always been fine with lumps and I have been giving him cow's milk in his spuds and breakfast cereal since he was 6 months.

Potatoes I do for him: (same as us really)
mashed with butter and milk- just use potato masher
mashed with olive oil and milk
mashed as above with grated cheese
mashed as above with spring onions
baked potato with various fillings but I don't give him the skin
potato wedges

I cook them the way I normally do which is in a steamer over a saucepan of water.

We seem to like our spuds!

They say not to puree potatoes as it breaks down the starch and makes it into sticky pulp.
Mashing is fine - Erin had no problem with eating it mashed. I've added a bit of butter or her formula milk to make it smoother. xx

Mashing should be enough babe. If she can't bear lumps push it through a ricer or a sieve...as Icside says, pureeing them makes them all sticky and horrid:hissy:

Once she's onto finger foods, roast them in small pieces, wedges or leave boiled ones in big chunks for them to pick up. Toby likes baby new potatoes, boiled in their skins and rolled in a bit of butter stuck on the end of a fork like a lolly haha (but he's much older I know)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->