Potty Training Answers Pllllease

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Islas_mummy, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Islas_mummy

Islas_mummy Mummy of 2

This morning Isla and I were in the living room watching Mr Tumble...as you do! And I could see she was concentrating hard, then got up, walked to her bedroom (we live in a flat so it's just next door) rummaged around, then brought her changing mat into me and gave it right to me and just stood there looking at me. I sniffed her and she had poo'd!

I don't know if it was just a coincidence, but she never brings me her changing mat, and it was just done so matter of factly. I was amazed!

She is obsessed with coming into the loo with anyone who will let her? And she stares so intently. At what age did you begin any kind of potty training with your LO's? I was thinking about starting it in June (she'll be 2 in August) but we are going on holiday to Majorca in July.

Any information would be appreciated. x

2. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Theres a difference between them knowing theyve gone, and knowing when they need to and being able to control it until they get to the toilet. Amelie potty trained when she had just turned 2 and she trained really quickly. Maybe leave it til the spring and reassess? she might be ready but only time will tell. Theres no point trying when the baby isnt ready cos itd be soo stressful :dohh: