pottys for boys ...

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by dali, Aug 28, 2009.

1. dali

dali Well-Known Member

just wondering what all the mums of little boys did about potty training ? were not quite ready yet but have a potty, although he is not interested in sitting on it at all, he is a little more interested in sitting on a toddler seat on the big toilet but the lay out of our flat means that only using the big toilet would make it harder, im sure....
    did anyone use a potty chair ?
    if so did lo prefer to sit on that to a normal potty ?
    did you go straight to big toilet ?
    did you start with sitting on it or so straight for standing up weeing ?

thanks to the people who answered my similar post, didnt get many responses on it so i thought id try to word my question better :)

2. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

We started out with a little potty chair but quickly moved to the big potty. Potty training took 1wk for my oldest and 2 wks for my middle son. But as soon as they figured out you sit to poo we showed them how to stand on a stool in front of the big potty and aim at the water and they just thought that was the best new trick ever haha and started only using the big potty from then out. Hayden is 23mo and starting to show more interest and is trying to copy his brothers and pee standing up but he isn't quite ready for full potty training, though I think it won't be much longer

3. dali

dali Well-Known Member

anyone else potty trained a little boy ? just looking for experiences ...