Powder versus cartons - any difference?

Mum2b_Claire

Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!
Reaction score
OK so I love using cartons for the convenience but it's costing me a fortune. Ruby has never had powdered milk, she's almost four months old now. I was wondering whether I would switch to powder now to save money.

Has anyone fed their baby cartons then switched to powder? Any experiences? (as in effect on the baby, I know how to prepare it correctly and do not demand feed, I have a routine, so no probs there.)

Thanks in advance!

Im not sure, but I know that Olivia will take both so that element shouldnt be a problem but iv heard that the cartons have more fat but not sure how true that is. I cant see it being a problem.

my son did not notice a difference and yes it will save a fortune x

My son takes both but the premixed cartons made him much windier than the powdered - they appear to me to be a slightly thicker consistency than correctly mixed powder.

My hv said the cartons do have some v small ammount of laxative in which powder doesnt so if baby prone to constipation cartons may suit better.

Cartons are made with UHT milk and powder is made with skimmed milk powder. Noah has had both and is fine on both so you shouldn't notice a difference!

Hannah gets both and it really doesnt make any dif with her.
x

I posted a thread about SMA cartons and powder, I had been using ready made and then switched to powder for the same reason as you and my baby was sick and didn't finish the bottles either. There is a difference, there must be as they are different consistency and smell different. Saying that that is just my experience with SMA only.

Seren can't tell the difference between cartons and powder, I switch between both as I use cartons hwen I'm out and about.
It'll save you so much money to use the powder at home x

Apparently the pre made cartons are sweeter, and tbh they do smell sweeter but not sure if they taste much difference because of the seetness?

wen luisa first started having formula we was using powder then i went through a stage of using only cartons and have recently switched back to powder

i use the cartons wen we are out or if i get caught short at home with no boiled water :)

luisa has never noticed the difference thts with c&g

xx

We switch all the time, its the same although the cartons just go through a different process to make it kind of UHT, I asked once and they told me it tastes a little different but Liss switches fine. Powder is much cheaper and we use that most, in fact cant remember last time I used a carton.

Thanks girls, think I'll give it a try. Cartons are now no longer convenient to take when going out, as the small ones are 200ml and Ruby takes 260ml...annoying.

We use both - powder during the day and the cartons at night, it makes it easier and only differemce is the powder ones are warm bottles and the cartons are room temp.

My twins prefer powder,i always use cartons when out and they have never finished full feeds as they do with powder.
Also,powder is a lot creamier and thicker then grey-looking carton milk.

We have actually just gone from powder to milk as she would get v fussy with her bottles and wouldnt finish them if they were powder, that and feedin on demand meant that she would get upset when I had to boil kettle and mix it and wait for it to cool etc. And since I 50/50 feed 1 catron lasts me 2 days, so it will work out roughly the same cost as me.

I am sure it is something to do with the water here as I think it tastes funny, even after boiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->