PP diarrhoea?

Discussion in 'Labour & Birth' started by xBabyGoose, Nov 16, 2011.

1. xBabyGoose

xBabyGoose Well-Known Member

Its now been 10 days since I've given birth and up until now I've been extremely constipated. Started getting stomach pains tonight and had to run to the loo - the most watery stools ever! (Sorry if tmi!)

Is this normal after delivery? I also have period pains. Reluctant to feeding LO via breast now just in case I've got an illness and I pass it on to her!

2. rachy12342

rachy12342 Well-Known Member

Im rubbish at giving useful advice, but I'd say the loose stool is good? Better to get it out? I was very similar! And my midwife and health visitor both said you can have your first period during the time you are losing the lochia, maybe that's all the pains are if you feel well in every other way? I had a terrible infection, you will know If its anything bad.hoPe you feel better soon.x

3. vikirose

vikirose Mum of 3 expecting #4

I think if you've been constipated and now have the runs it's prob not a bug but your bodys reaction to not having been for a while! Don't worry about passing a bug onto baby as your breastmilk will protect your baby from everything for the first few months.
    Sounds aweful tho being bunged up for so long too. I would call nhs direct if your worried! xx