pp hair loss ...will i lose every hair?

nicksi27

Reaction score
Hi ladies im freaking out :'(

My hair started shedding when charlie hit 4 months and i got hair loss at my temples. I started taking biotin supplements and my temples are now covered in "baby hair". The shedding is just getting worse and charlie is now over 5 months. Every time i run my fingers through my hair i lose handfuls and im scared each time i wash it because i lose brush full after brush full. I think im getting thinning at my parting now and im in tears. I must have literally half the hair i had when pregnant and im petrified im gonna end up totally bald.

Anyone else?

Ps ive had my blood checked and everythings normak apart from low iron for which im on supplements

Mine took about three months to stop but when it did new hair started to grow.

Same thing happened to me around 3 months PP! I honestly thought I was losing all my hair too. :/ To this day, 8 months PP, I'm still losing hair but it's not nearly as bad as before. Maybe consider getting a shorter cut. I found that to be more manageable!

Hi hun.. i still seem to lose more than i used to but my hair is still thick. It really thinned at the temples like you about two months pp and now i have two patches of hair that are about an inch long. So it will thicken again soon. You won't go bald hun.. i used to have clumps in my brushes and i would feel it run down my back in the shower but its all coming back now xxx

Thank you ladies ....i feel a bit better now :) Ive just never had hair this thin and horrible. I darent get it coloured because i dont wanna damage it anymore. Guess ill just have to wait for it to grow back. Ive just restarted the pill to see if it will even out my hormones but if i see no improvement im gonna stop it x

I suffered terrible hairloss from 3 months until 7 months pp. It was so bad I couldn't even tie my hair up as the sides looked almost bald. The hairloss stopped almost overnight though, and I now have a mini fringe where it has started to grow back! x

I was going to ask the same question too. My hair is very fine anyway and to have this hairless is scary. My sister had a baby in March and she's still losing hers so I expected to lose it but not this much.

I started shedding hair when LO was 3 months old. She is now 10 months and I STILL am shedding hair. (Not bald yet! :haha:)

I read that it can take up until your baby is 12 months before your hair is back to normal. I ALSO read that when you're pregnant you don't shed as much hair due to the hormones, so remember, some of what you're shedding is that hair you didn't lose for 9 months as well.

You won't go bald, and those little fresh hairs growing in is proof of that! I have those too!

I have quite long hair and reallllly don't want to cut it and haven't had to yet. As for getting it colored, I have been doing that even with the shedding. My hairdresser said it isn't a problem and after I have it done my hair actually feels much nicer. I have also find using a really good shampoo and conditioner helps a ton. It doesn't change the hair loss, but it makes combing it out easier and make the hair feel nicer. I use Moroccan Oil--super expensive, super worth it!

You WON'T go bald!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->