PPD quiz.

wemustntpanic

Reaction score
Someone posted a link to this quiz the other day (can't remember who or where!) and I took it out of interest. Now, I don't think I have PPD but was surprised that the results would suggest I do. Is this just me or is the quiz a bit over cautious?

https://www.babycenter.com/5_could-you-have-postpartum-depression-ppd_10351692.bc

my hv made me take a questionnaire and mu answers suggested i have ppd. I would say i am finding it difficult to adjust to life with a newborn but certainly wouldnt say i was depressed as i can see light at the end of the tunnel.

I took it with HV and scored 0... she then told me that, that was it they wouldnt check again and to go back if I felt down lol

I just took it and it said I most likely have ppd but tbh I dont think I do.
Questions like "I have been anxious or worried for no good reason" isn't that somewhat normal when you have a child.
I think other things factored in with being a ftm have made me like this.
I have a seen ladies with ppd and believe me it was clearly evident that they were unwell. I know some people have it and can hide it quite well though.
I think naturally if your concerned you may have ppd then you should contact your Dr but most women experience some kind of "baby blues" or ppd dont they?

They called a psychiatrist to me while I was still in hospital.
I was crying lots but only because my baby was born at 35 weeks and she spent 2 weeks in scbu. I wasn't crying because I had ppd I was crying because I was in a ward full of women with their babies and my baby wasn't with me all the time. I was lonely, I missed her (even though she was only down stairs).
I know they have to be cautious but I felt like a nutjob. Surely it was only natural for me to cry?
I spent an hour convincing them I was fine.

Ppd is serious and I reslise that but surely most if not all women feel some level of being overwhelmed after having a baby do they not?

Questions like "I have been anxious or worried for no good reason" isn't that somewhat normal when you have a child.
I have a seen ladies with ppd and believe me it was clearly evident that they were unwell. I know some people have it and can hide it quite well though.
I think naturally if your concerned you may have ppd then you should contact your Dr but most women experience some kind of "baby blues" or ppd dont they?

I was crying lots but only because my baby was born at 35 weeks and she spent 2 weeks in scbu. I wasn't crying because I had ppd I was crying because I was in a ward full of women with their babies and my baby wasn't with me all the time. I was lonely, I missed her (even though she was only down stairs).
I know they have to be cautious but I felt like a nutjob. Surely it was only natural for me to cry?

Ppd is serious and I reslise that but surely most if not all women feel some level of being overwhelmed after having a baby do they not?

I agree. It seems like the quiz suggests you may have it if you don't feel 100 % ticketyboo! I don't think I've ever felt like that. I'm a natural worrier but think that ppd is a very serious condition and feel like I'd know if I had it if that makes sense.

I think it's a bit over cautious I've battled depression a few times. I know right now I'm nit depressed. I'm worn out and that's normal but not according to baby centre....

Your score: 9 out of 27 pointsIt's likely you're suffering from*postpartum depression or anxiety. Let your healthcare practitioner know about your symptoms. Ask if you should see a counselor or therapist. If you're having thoughts of harming yourself or your baby, seek help immediately.

I scored eight, so just barely avoided ppd. I think this quiz is over cautious, but better safe then sorry ya know? Better that people go to the doctor and be fine, then not go and hurt themselves or their lo

I cried in the hospital and my boys were with me. I was sleep deprived and you have crazy things going on with hormones right after delivery. If they had given me some formula to supplement my boys wouldn't have been constantly hungry and I could have slept some and probably wouldn't have been so bad. Having some sadness after is perfectly normal though. I've read they're only concerned if it goes more than two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->