PPROM- I'll be joining u all

seekingbaby#1

Reaction score
I'm feeling so down and sad. I've been having a great pregnancy until about 21 weeks. That's when I was told my cervix was very short and I needed a cerclage (cervical stitch). I agreed and got the stitch placed in and was placed on strict bedrest. :( I want this baby so bad and will do anything to have a healthy baby so I followed the doctors orders 100%. I stayed in bed only got up for bathroom. Unfortunately, on tuesday (12/15/09) morning at 24 weeks my water broke while laying down. It was a big gush :( I called my doctor and he said go straight to the hospital. I received 2 doses of steriod shots 12 hours apart to boost my baby boy's lungs. I'm also on antibiotics to prevent an infection because then my labor will have to be induced. I'm currently not experiencing any pain or contractions. They are tryna keep him inside as long as possible since I'm only 25 weeks. I'm soo scared, why did this have to happen to me :( I'm trying really hard to be positive cuz I've read so much success stories online. I'm still at the hospital on strict bedrest, and will be here until I deliver. :( Please keep me and my baby boy in your prayers. Please if anyone ever experianced anything like this please share your story with me. Thanks everyone!!!!!

I hope you little lad stays snuggled up inside for a while yet hun, you will be in my thoughts xXx

your in the best place hun.... fingers x'd your bubz holds on for a little while longer.... ive heard peoples waters have gone at same satge and they have held on till 30+ weeks all the best hun thinking of you xxxx

its good that you've had the steroids though hunny!

stick with us, read our stories and ignore google :hugs:

Hi hun. I was admitted to the hospital about the same time you were for a shortened cervix. They didn't even do a stitch for me because my cervix was already irritated. My water didn't break but I had severe contractions and dilated to a 1. I also received steroids and they also put me on Magnesium Sulfate to help slow down contractions. It actually worked and calmed me down. Now I'm 36 weeks pregnant! They let me go at 34 weeks so I was in the hospital a long time. I feel your pain being in the hospital and no knowing what is going to happen. I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers. Have you heard of sidelines? It is sidelines.org and they really got me through everything. I hope that helps

If you need someone to talk to...send me a message.

Thanks so much ladies. I actually have been on the sidelines website and another site about prom stories. I'm excited to have reached 25 weeks and feel him kick/punch all the time. I'm just praying that he stays put for some more weeks, so he could have a better chance. I have read many of your stories on this forum and they are very motivating. Thanks so much ladies and I will keep everyone updated.

Will think "sticky" vibes for you - different circumstances, but our little miracle was born at 29 weeks and is doing just fine!

My baby currently weighs 1pound 3ounces, I'm hoping he picks up weight before he's born. I was told that he was on the small size but I'm only 5'1 and my bf is kinda short too. According to my doctor I should receive more steriod shots when I reach 28 weeks

Sticky vibes heading your way! Best of luck, Molly was born at 29 weeks and doing just fine x

Abby was a 29 weeker too, and is doing fine now at 7 months.

Fingers crossed for you.

Thinking of you...everything crossed for you. Hope your LO stays put for a wee bit longer...x

Hey Hun, I have been though what your experiencing right now. My cervix was 4 cms dilated without even trying. I was 26 weeks when I was rushed to hospital. I managed to keep Archie in for another week and he was born weighing 2lb 6oz at 27 weeks. He is doing just fine. I will keep you and your bubba in my thoughts. Please don't blame yourself which I know is hard to do. Your in the best place right now.

If you want something to read click on the link in my signature for Archie's journal which I updated daily whilst he was in hospital for 14 weeks. It will give you an in-site into what might happen. As the other Mummies have said, some ladies go for weeks after their waters have broken.

Lv Dona and Archie xxx

My baby currently weighs 1pound 3ounces, I'm hoping he picks up weight before he's born. I was told that he was on the small size but I'm only 5'1 and my bf is kinda short too. According to my doctor I should receive more steriod shots when I reach 28 weeks
Andrew was 1lb 6oz when born, so tiny babies can survive!

Still thinking "sticky" vibes :D

My uncles wife just had a baby boy at 30 weeks. He was a healthy 2lb3 and is now 4lb9 at 6 weeks old!

Her waters broke when she was 24+6. Nikita held on for that long! Hopefully your little lad will too.

Thanks for asking Dona!! I'm still at the hospital on bedrest. So far I still haven't had any contractions, no pain, or signs of infection :) the only down side of being here is hearing all the women give birth to their healthy fullterm babies :( . It makes me sad because I always dreamed about having a fullterm baby. I'm praying that although my water broke my lil prince stays in much longer. 2morrow I have a scan to measure fluid around baby, hopefully its not too low. Sorry for this long post, I honestly don't have anyone to express my feelings with. I feel almost less of a woman because I'm having a difficult pregnancy. I'm just praying to God that he makes a way for my baby. He's not even here yet and I love him so much already

Thanks for asking Dona!! I'm still at the hospital on bedrest. So far I still haven't had any contractions, no pain, or signs of infection :) the only down side of being here is hearing all the women give birth to their healthy fullterm babies :( . It makes me sad because I always dreamed about having a fullterm baby. I'm praying that although my water broke my lil prince stays in much longer. 2morrow I have a scan to measure fluid around baby, hopefully its not too low. Sorry for this long post, I honestly don't have anyone to express my feelings with. I feel almost less of a woman because I'm having a difficult pregnancy. I'm just praying to God that he makes a way for my baby. He's not even here yet and I love him so much already
This was the hardest thing for me, I think, being around women with their perfect full term babies and I was sitting in a ward with Abby down in the NNICU. I wasn't too bad before she was born when I was in, but then, I had no idea she would come early.

Once she was born I felt like I was useless - I mean what kind of woman can't even go full term, it's what we are supposed to do! But then I heard from so many people who had had premature babies. I was surprised to find out just how common it is. I don't think there was one person I spoke to who hadn't either had one, or knew someone who had. I started to feel much better about it. Each one of these people had a story about a teeny tiny bairn who was now a strapping 4 year old, or 9 year old, or 6ft2 rugby player. There is just so much hope to be had and you have to hold on to that.

I can't imagine being laid up on bedrest - and at this time of year too. But with the best will in the world, I hope you are on bedrest for quite some time yet!

Are they looking after you ok?

The nurses and doctors here are wonderful. They make me feel so comfortable, which helps 100%. My mom is also staying with me at the hospital for 2 weeks. I do know a few people that has given birth to a preemie and no1 could ever tell. Someone from the nicu came and spoke to me a few days ago, and that really scared me hearing all the difficulties my lil baby could encounter. I'm almost 26 weeks!! :) every day is a blessing. By the way, Abby is sooo adorable, I love her cheeks

The nurses and doctors here are wonderful. They make me feel so comfortable, which helps 100%. My mom is also staying with me at the hospital for 2 weeks. I do know a few people that has given birth to a preemie and no1 could ever tell. Someone from the nicu came and spoke to me a few days ago, and that really scared me hearing all the difficulties my lil baby could encounter. I'm almost 26 weeks!! :) every day is a blessing. By the way, Abby is sooo adorable, I love her cheeks

It is a great help to have someone there with you isn't it. I was in for a week in London at 26 weeks and my husband came down and was there every day then when he had to go back, my mum came down. There was one day I had no visitors, but it was ok knowing I'd have mum the next day.

I also met some lovely women in there, who I still keep in touch with. It is quite a sociable place to be. In fact, I probably met and spoke to more new people than I had in years and have done since!

Hearing about the potential problems can be scary, but is also great for knowing what to expect. I had no preparation at all and seeing her with tubes and wires in that first picture was frightening, but once I got down to the unit they explained it all very well. It is important to understand the balance though and what they have told you are the negatives but there may well be plenty positive too.

Thanks for the compliment, I love her cheeks too. They are definitely her daddy's. In fact, we had a 3D scan before she was born and I took one look at her cheeks and said "we're definitely having a Paris!! (his last name)"

She gets lots of kisses on those cheeks!

If you take a look at the "Introduce your VIP" thread, you'll see a heap of pictures of her (and other preemies) first born and how they have grown and developed. It should give you another wee heads up of what to expect, and how quickly they grow to be "proper" baby size!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"