pram advice?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by paula85, Sep 29, 2008.

1. paula85

paula85 very proud mammy to 3!

Just wondered if anyone can give me their opinion please??....
    i really want to start looking but i am unsure if i should buy another pram for baby, i have a travel system that i bought for my son who is 2yrs old, he does not use it anymore its in good condition but i would like a new pram for baby i think (son is keen to walk but not long before he wants to be carried/tired) so i was wondering if i should use the travel system i have for baby and get a buggy board for my 2yr old or.....shall i buy a nice new pram for baby and buy a buggy board for my 2yr old or......i like those phil and teds pushchairs with the doubles kit??? anyone got any suggestions for me please, would really appreciate thanks xxx

2. o0oCharlieo0o

o0oCharlieo0o Well-Known Member

i have a (nearly) 2 year old to and he doesnt walk far at all and because i dont drive we walk everywhere so im going to buy a phil and teds because it converts to a single to for when he doesnt need it anymore so i think its perfect for that age range, theres no way my son would stay on the buggy board lmao!

3. pinkmummy

pinkmummy Guest

We're getting Caitlin used to walking everywhere now anyway and she can manage to walk to the shop and nearly back before she starts wanting a carry, so I think we'll just get a buggy board.

4. VicLl

VicLl Pregnant with 2nd baby

I'm not getting a double buggy as Amelie is getting older now and it won't hurt her to stand on the board at the back of the pram. It'll probably be good fun getting her used to it!!!!

5. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

Ive bought a Silver Cross pop duo for longer trips when my 20 month old wont be able to walk, but have also got a buggyboard to go on my Loola for shorter trips, or when someone else comes with me to push him in his pushchair.

6. elm

elm Mama

Have you thought of getting a sling / baby carrier? That way you could have your baby in the travel system thing then if your 2 year old gets too tired to walk you can put your baby in the sling / carrier and your son can have the travel system.

If you had a wrap / ring sling you could carry it around in your bag as they don't take up much space when not in use.

It'd save loads of money and give you options when out and about.

7. paula85

paula85 very proud mammy to 3!

aah good idea! never thought of the sling option but will definatly consider it thank you :)

8. Logiebear

Logiebear Mum to 4 darlings

Well my youngest will be 2yr and 2 months when this baby is born and I have a buggy board from my last 2. My eldest son is 3 now but he was 15 months when my baby was born so I had a double pram then. Then when Mt eldest son turned 2 I bought a buggy board and got rid of the double pram. The thing is with double prams they become hard to push and encourage a little bit of laziness. I don't mean that to sound awful but a child of 2 can walk a fair distance, I'm not talking miles but they need to learn to walk and behave with you too. If you have a double pram you just put them in and forget everything else. I would if your child is going to be under 2 then get a double pram but if not then get a buggy board so they can walk but rest when they need to xxx

Apart from that why spend hundreds of pounds when you could spend it on something better xxx

9. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

Kaitlin will be 2 and a half when i have Lilly and she pretty much walks everywhere as it is so we are just using a wristlink