Pram and Car advice please!

Vickster1

Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of getting a new car as my VW Polo is definitely getting a bit out of tune!

I'm looking at the new Renault Clio or the new Renault Megane. Currently i'm swaying towards the Megane just because it's bigger. Does anyone have any experience with getting a pram into a Clio's boot? I'm looking probably at getting the Bugaboo Cameleon. I don't want to have to faff around taking the wheels off everytime it goes in the car. It will need to fit in the main pram and the bassinet section.

Advice please?

We've been looking at the same.

I have a 14 plate corsa, not the same I know, but very similar.

We've tried at Mothercare and I can get the Cameleon in my boot (without taking wheels off), and the bassinet/ seat unit too.

We do have to remove the parcel shelf though. Theres not much room for anything else.

I've decided Im going to remove one wheel and keep the parcel shelf on as it's so easy ( just one button and taa daa it's done).

We were debating a new car - a Megane actually , but as we can fit everything in we've decided the money is better spent elsewhere.

Not exactly the same, but I hope it helps

xx

I got my nephews chameleon into my husband three door clio sport without any problem and I think the new clios have got a bigger boot. X

Thanks for the advice. Really unsure what to get! Does anyone have any photos of different prams in their car boots? Ha :thumbup:

I would say go for the Megane because of the space. My friend had a Clio and I could get my Baby Jogger City Mini in there but still had to take the wheels off, which I had to do with my own car as well (I have a Modus) and it is a pain in the bum. Plus, you will want to have a bit more space for shopping etc and I hated piling shopping on top of the pram.

I still have a Modus and we're thinking of getting the new Graco Evo XT which we still need to try out in the car but I'm pretty sure I will have to take the parcel shelf out and then wont have room for anything else. We are going to be looking at getting a new car not long after baby is here (we will have to put up with it for a little bit though). I'm looking at the Scenic because I have a 4 year old as well and don't want it to be cramped.

My friend upgraded her Clio to a Megane though and the boot is massive so you will definitely get the Bugaboo in there no problem with room to spare.

I had a Megane once and it's definitely a nice car - just make sure you research the model year as some of them have been known to be lemons! Ours was always in the shop it was infuriating, and so much money thrown at it I don't even wanna think about it...!

Sorry have no thoughts on prams just thought I'd chime in on the Megane ;)

I have a 2009 Megane and the boot easily accomodated our Graco Symbio. I used to fit the frame, pram unit, and carseat adaptor in no problem, and still have plenty of room for shopping bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->