'Pram-tertainment'

Kte

Mummy to Chloe & Sophie
Reaction score
Okay so I have one little determined lady who does not like being in her pram, she would rather sit next to me on the bus or be able to walk about but it isn't practical 100% of the time . . . we catch 2 busses so with the first bus she needs to be in her pram. Today I managed to avert the screaming monster that appears by feeding her, giving her a drink, letting her play with a toy lion clipped to the pram then reading a pram book to/with her. I managed to make it to town with minimal screams. She also carries a teddy with her too.

Does anyone recommend any great pram toys? I don't want to be too loaded down but need maximum entertaiment for her for the long journeys from and to home each day!

Thanks! :flower:

Darn i was looking for tips too! I normally try with food and then always keep little cars in the basket to whipe out or also puppets.

James likes to read books and also to see where he is going as much as possible. Biscuits are always a good diversion for us lol.

Magazines with stickers in are always good. And take a pencil or crayon along with you so they can scribble on the drawing pages. I rarely catch the bus because G hates it but when I do I find taking some snacks and a magazine keeps her quiet for 10 minutes. You can also get little books that attatch to the pram so they can pick it up and read it when they want

Oooh good question! I give Alex my iPhone and she watches her favourite videos when it gets tough :rofl: but I hate doing this.....

Oooh good question! I give Alex my iPhone and she watches her favourite videos when it gets tough :rofl: but I hate doing this.....

Chloe loves my phone, is she catches a glimpse of me texting i'm doomed! I don't like letting her have mine either, need one of those toy versions!

This is what I've resorted to aswell!! My iPhone is full of kids apps. Peppa pig, big n small, Tom the talking cat, the talking skeleton! That or food, the books and toys just get dropped and once she's dropped something on the floor on a bus I won't give her it again until it's been cleaned in dettol lol. Bleurgh buses make me feel all grubby!

We catch trains sometimes and we do books and naming things we can see out of the window etc. But Ruby won't go in a buggy, full blimmin stop.

Ben is amazingly good at "cut the rope" lol i dont like him playing with it near hard floors because of the risk of him launching it across the place!!

Ben has those books that you attach but he tends to get bored of those pretty quickly, food works for us for a few minutes. I have one of those steering wheel toys but it doesnt fit our new pram. I guess his newest pram-tertainment will be poking his baby brother in the eye now that we have a side by side for them!!

early learning centre do one of those steering wheel toys- but it'll depend on your pram
we use food and books x

Ahhh siyren we have one i just forget to try it :rofl:

We do have a car steering wheel toy too, but only prob is its hard to carry about afterwards - I have managed to minimise work and nursery luggage :haha: But sometimes there is a risk I get bus with steps and having to fold the pram down and sort a car toy out would be a nightmare!

Toys, books, food. We also do name the body parts? I name, he points them out. We learn new ones and go over the ones he knows.
I also tell him the driver said he has to sit in the buggy as its 'safe', he's old enough to understand this.
AJ still regularly falls asleep when on the bus too.

Naming body parts, great idea!

She used to sleep on them but now she is wanting to know what's going on all the time. Maybe its a phase?! :haha:

last time we went on the bus i quietly sang the wheels on the bus to him and he did the actions, he did get a bit mad that i was whispering and started shouting at me lol

Ahhh siyren we have one i just forget to try it :rofl:

We also have one & Omar loves steer wheels!, I dont know why we never used it :haha:

Omar is fine in his pushchair most of the time, I always talk & sing to him. xx

last time we went on the bus i quietly sang the wheels on the bus to him and he did the actions, he did get a bit mad that i was whispering and started shouting at me lol

oops, missed that one off! We also sing on the bus :haha:

I have sang too with her, she loves 'row, row, row, your boat' that used to do the trick but now she wants to be out doing the actions :dohh: :cloud9:

I have sang too with her, she loves 'row, row, row, your boat' that used to do the trick but now she wants to be out doing the actions :dohh: :cloud9:

Mine too! ive tried all the singing, reading, talking, asking questions. She just wants out and once shes out that's it, she wants to get down to walk about on the bus! Then getting her back in is a nightmare which leads to people staring at the crazy screaming child and her mum going as red as a beetroot!

So food and iphone it is :haha: Oh and ive stopped going to town or anywhere i can only get a bus too unless its absolutely essential!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"