'Pram-tertainment'

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Kte, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Kte

Kte Mummy to Chloe & Sophie

Okay so I have one little determined lady who does not like being in her pram, she would rather sit next to me on the bus or be able to walk about but it isn't practical 100% of the time . . . we catch 2 busses so with the first bus she needs to be in her pram. Today I managed to avert the screaming monster that appears by feeding her, giving her a drink, letting her play with a toy lion clipped to the pram then reading a pram book to/with her. I managed to make it to town with minimal screams. She also carries a teddy with her too.

Does anyone recommend any great pram toys? I don't want to be too loaded down but need maximum entertaiment for her for the long journeys from and to home each day!

Thanks! :flower:

2. celine

celine Well-Known Member

Darn i was looking for tips too! I normally try with food and then always keep little cars in the basket to whipe out or also puppets.

3. littlekitten8

littlekitten8 Mummy of 1

James likes to read books and also to see where he is going as much as possible. Biscuits are always a good diversion for us lol.

4. AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom Guest

Magazines with stickers in are always good. And take a pencil or crayon along with you so they can scribble on the drawing pages. I rarely catch the bus because G hates it but when I do I find taking some snacks and a magazine keeps her quiet for 10 minutes. You can also get little books that attatch to the pram so they can pick it up and read it when they want

5. AP

AP Well-Known Member

Oooh good question! I give Alex my iPhone and she watches her favourite videos when it gets tough :rofl: but I hate doing this.....

6. Kte

Chloe loves my phone, is she catches a glimpse of me texting i'm doomed! I don't like letting her have mine either, need one of those toy versions!

7. nikkip75

nikkip75 Well-Known Member

This is what I've resorted to aswell!! My iPhone is full of kids apps. Peppa pig, big n small, Tom the talking cat, the talking skeleton! That or food, the books and toys just get dropped and once she's dropped something on the floor on a bus I won't give her it again until it's been cleaned in dettol lol. Bleurgh buses make me feel all grubby!

8. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

We catch trains sometimes and we do books and naming things we can see out of the window etc. But Ruby won't go in a buggy, full blimmin stop.

9. wispa86

wispa86 2 Boys and a Bump

Ben is amazingly good at "cut the rope" lol i dont like him playing with it near hard floors because of the risk of him launching it across the place!!

Ben has those books that you attach but he tends to get bored of those pretty quickly, food works for us for a few minutes. I have one of those steering wheel toys but it doesnt fit our new pram. I guess his newest pram-tertainment will be poking his baby brother in the eye now that we have a side by side for them!!

10. Siyren

Siyren Guest

early learning centre do one of those steering wheel toys- but it'll depend on your pram
    we use food and books x

11. AP

AP Well-Known Member

Ahhh siyren we have one i just forget to try it :rofl:

12. Kte

We do have a car steering wheel toy too, but only prob is its hard to carry about afterwards - I have managed to minimise work and nursery luggage :haha: But sometimes there is a risk I get bus with steps and having to fold the pram down and sort a car toy out would be a nightmare!

13. Siyren

Siyren Guest

lmao i'm guilty of things like that!:dohh:

14. charliebear

charliebear Mum to AJ & Pumpkin

Toys, books, food. We also do name the body parts? I name, he points them out. We learn new ones and go over the ones he knows.
    I also tell him the driver said he has to sit in the buggy as its 'safe', he's old enough to understand this.
    AJ still regularly falls asleep when on the bus too.

15. Kte

Naming body parts, great idea!

She used to sleep on them but now she is wanting to know what's going on all the time. Maybe its a phase?! :haha:

16. wispa86

wispa86 2 Boys and a Bump

last time we went on the bus i quietly sang the wheels on the bus to him and he did the actions, he did get a bit mad that i was whispering and started shouting at me lol

17. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

We also have one & Omar loves steer wheels!, I dont know why we never used it :haha:

Omar is fine in his pushchair most of the time, I always talk & sing to him. xx

18. charliebear

charliebear Mum to AJ & Pumpkin

oops, missed that one off! We also sing on the bus :haha:

19. Kte

I have sang too with her, she loves 'row, row, row, your boat' that used to do the trick but now she wants to be out doing the actions :dohh: :cloud9:

20. nikkip75

nikkip75 Well-Known Member

Mine too! ive tried all the singing, reading, talking, asking questions. She just wants out and once shes out that's it, she wants to get down to walk about on the bus! Then getting her back in is a nightmare which leads to people staring at the crazy screaming child and her mum going as red as a beetroot!

So food and iphone it is :haha: Oh and ive stopped going to town or anywhere i can only get a bus too unless its absolutely essential!