Prams and buses

Lilicat

Mother of two boys
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if I could possible have some help. I am starting to look at pushchairs/prams/travel systems (I know its early, I like to be organised!). I am particularly wondering which ones are bus suitable as I will be using buses to get everywhere, at least two a day if I want to go out.

I was wondering if people who have a baby and use buses could possibly tell me:

Which pushchair/pram/travel system do you have?

What age is it suitable from (I would need a newborn suitable one)?

Does it fit in to the pushchair/wheelchair space?

Is it easy to fold up when you need to?

Would you recommend it?

Any other tips for babies and bus travel would be gratefully recieved as well.
Thank you. :flower:

I have the Quinny Buzz. You can use it with carrycot from birth, and it goes right up to toddler stage until they dont need a stroller anymore. I've used mine on the bus a few times and it fit fine. The only thing is its not easy to fold up at all and you have to take the seat off before you fold it up. I'd defo recommend it, amelie always looks really comfy in it and its a joy to push. SO easy.

i have the Bugaboo Bee which is fab on the buses, its exactly the same size as a maclaren and you are only allowed two strollers on London buses at any one time, its the only travel system which the driver cannot request from you to fold down, its perfect, it is quite annoying though waiting for a bus and having two prams on and the driver wont allow you on unless you fold, as far as i am aware no pram is easily foldable whilst holding a little one and trying to get on a bus. good luck in your search.

I have the bebe confort streety it fits perfect and fited when there where 2 other prams on board :) when there was steps manged to fold down one handed 2 :)

I have the iCandy cherry. Not very easy to collapse as the seat needs to come off. You can get a carrycot with it and you can also fit the maxi cosi car seat on it so good from birth. It fits well into the pushchair bit of the bus but if you have to turn it for another pram to get on then it sticks out a little bit too far. I love it though and would recommend it to anyone, very easy to push and steer

i have the Bugaboo Bee which is fab on the buses, its exactly the same size as a maclaren and you are only allowed two strollers on London buses at any one time, its the only travel system which the driver cannot request from you to fold down, its perfect, it is quite annoying though waiting for a bus and having two prams on and the driver wont allow you on unless you fold, as far as i am aware no pram is easily foldable whilst holding a little one and trying to get on a bus. good luck in your search.

Can I ask a bit more about that? Why are drivers not able to insist you fold it down?

I have the Quinny Buzz. You can use it with carrycot from birth, and it goes right up to toddler stage until they dont need a stroller anymore. I've used mine on the bus a few times and it fit fine. The only thing is its not easy to fold up at all and you have to take the seat off before you fold it up. I'd defo recommend it, amelie always looks really comfy in it and its a joy to push. SO easy.

I've got the Buzz too, although I've never used it on public transport. It is great for nipping to the shops, but I find it is a little flimsy, and I wouldn't be happy using it with the carseat on a bus or train - I'd have to take the seat off, fold it down, then carry both on/off. I wouldn't want to go up or down a step with the carseat on.

Supposedly you can fold it one handed, but I've never managed it! It is possible to carry the carseat and the 'wheels' at the same time (one in each hand) but not for very far!

I imagine it will be great when I use it as a stroller though.

I had Bugaboo Cameleon,Mothercare Vista,Icandy Pear,Silver Cross Dazzle and Jane Powertwin and they all fit fine on buses,but we do have low floor ones so we don't have to fold prams to get on.

All travel systems are a pain when getting on buses (i mean for putting the pushchair bit down and carrying on the car seat bit). I was so glad when Elliot got bigger, and i swapped to a lightweight pushchair and could just hold in my arms without worrying too much!

As the baby gets heavier so does the car seat! I hated doing shopping, because i really struggled to get the pushchair on, along with carrying elliot in the car seat and shopping bags. Usually had to ask for help off someone to carry something!

If i have baby no 2, i'm getting a decent sling and carrying them in that for a good few months, when using buses that i cannot get on with a travel system!

keely.

We have a Graco mirage [- has carseat which is perfect from newborn - it fits fine in the section on the bus. not had to fold it down getting on the bus yet though as our buses have the ramp which they lower for you to get on with. It folds easy enough but doesn't fold one-handed though - when I got a taxi before I had to put the carseat on the ground and fold it then

We have the Silver Cross 3D and my sister has the Silver Cross linear freeway and both are great on the buses. They fit and are sturdy :)

Edited to add...Ive never in 9 months had to fold the pram and use the bus regularly, I have had to wait a few times for the next bus due to prams being on the bus already. Not a massive inconvenience though.

We have the Silver Cross 3D and my sister has the Silver Cross linear freeway and both are great on the buses. They fit and are sturdy :)

Edited to add...Ive never in 9 months had to fold the pram and use the bus regularly, I have had to wait a few times for the next bus due to prams being on the bus already. Not a massive inconvenience though.

Ditto to that ^^

I have the 3D to which can be used from birth, no problems on the bus... It's easy to fold but you need 2 hands, but I've never been asked to fold the pram on a bus.
Also have the Quinny Zapp which can be used from 6month as a travel buggy, very compact for buses, easy to fold aswell x

I think it depends what area you live in, as its pot luck here if a bus comes along that is wheelchair and pushchair accessible. Trust me to want the buses that are the old style double deckers that have steps and you have to put them down! I end up walking further to a different stop to get a different number bus or get the metro :)

I Have a Winnie The Pooh Shopper 7 Travel System ( Hauck). I Think Its a Great Travel System. Fits On The Buses Perfectly. Where i Live its Basically Luck what Style Bus Comes Whether i Have To Fold It Not. When i Do Have To Fold It, I Have To Put The Carseat On The Floor And Fold It Like That. But Its Not To Hard To Fold & Also Not To Bad To Carry With The Carseat. :D

i have went through around 4 prams, the loola, the streety, maclaren andi am now on my 4rth and last.. i use buses a lot because OH has the car for work i have the baby jogger city mini it can turn into a travel system and is only 17lb! it can fold with one hand just pull one cord and thats it means you can hold LO at the same time.. i think i go on about it too much.. cons are.. accessories are pricey and it does tend to run away without the break on as its really light!

I have a silvercross 3d and had no problem at all on buses, it fits fine when theres another pram on. On our buses you can have to prams on that are not folded there a special bit for those and then if anymore prams want to get on they have to fold them up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->