prams....HELP

jules444

Reaction score
hello everyone, hoping for a bit of advice!

Im getting so stressed out about prams/buggies/travel systems/ carseats! footmuffs! I had NO idea it was all so complicated and expensive.

I just wondered how many of you are going for a travel system? as we're on a tight budget we're thinking of getting a carseat seperately-one that will last longer&stay in the car, from birth to 3/4 maybe? and the out n about nipper, as we need something good for all terrain. Im just worried as a few people have said the nipper isnt suitable for a newborn as it doesnt give as much proper support as a carry cot thing. Im confused.

Any suggestions/ thoughts? I'd be super grateful as am slowly going insane....xoxoxoxox

Hi hun!

I think Britax do a seat you're describing? We had one for DD when she had out grown her rocker seat but was too big to forward face. I thought it was quite good.

With the pushchair, you could always get a sling to start off with if you're worried about him/her being snug enough?

The out and about nipper is suitable from birth and I've just seen kiddicare do a newborn insert for it if you wanted to make it a bit more snuggly for a newborn. You can also get footmuffs for it if you wanted to, out and about make one but also if you're worried about budget, then you can get universal ones cheap enough from mothercare.

Try not to listen to other people- everyone will give an opinion but just go with what YOU need and what YOU want to get :)
xxxx

Weve got a 'silvercross 3D system' not too expensive and its a pram, pushchair and a carseat that clips on. Me ond the OH have argued over so many prams that when we found one we both liked we put a deposit down straight away!

We got ours on a mothercare baby plan, u can spread the cost and add to it or change your mind at anytime and swop it, for a £10 they set this up and deliver it around 2 weeks before your due date.

thank you so much doodlepants and vixie! I never in a million years thought it would be so overwhelming, I can barely decide what to have for breakfast most mornings- let alone this! feels like a really big decision! xoxox

Mamas and Papas now do a group 0/1 car seat, and it's cheaper than the Britax if you're thinking about your budget, it's called a Contra (I think lol) and I'm considering getting it myself.

As for a pram... there are so many! Just go and try as many as you can, reviews will only do you so much, you have to decide what feels nice to push, just remember to feel the weight of it!

hello everyone, hoping for a bit of advice!

Im getting so stressed out about prams/buggies/travel systems/ carseats! footmuffs! I had NO idea it was all so complicated and expensive.

I just wondered how many of you are going for a travel system? as we're on a tight budget we're thinking of getting a carseat seperately-one that will last longer&stay in the car, from birth to 3/4 maybe? and the out n about nipper, as we need something good for all terrain. Im just worried as a few people have said the nipper isnt suitable for a newborn as it doesnt give as much proper support as a carry cot thing. Im confused.

Any suggestions/ thoughts? I'd be super grateful as am slowly going insane....xoxoxoxox

The car seat is the britax first class lasts from birth to 3 doesnt fit on a travel system and mothercare last time I checked had it on offer for £99 instead of £149.99 , its the car seat mum is getting for us, I chose not to have a travel system this time round as the new reugulations say that babies cant be in a car seat for longer than 2 hours and when I am out and about in towm I am often out for min 3 hours so I am going to take the carrycot with me in the car which is another reason I chose my pram as booy space is limited in my car and the carrycot fits my boot with no room for anything else (people carrier so with all seats in use limited boot space) the peach carricot isnt a wide one so can easily fit into what available apace I have and the chasis folds so compactly it can sit under the britax first class.

I dont envy you yr trawl through the shops but you must go and try the prams on offer for yr self and within yr budget, big bulky prams or ones that when you fold to put in yr car you have to take wheels off imo arent worth the hassle and 3/4 months after bubs is here you will find yrself buying another easier pram, this baby is my fourth and along the way I have made many a mistake and ended up buying a stroller once baby could sit in one as it was a lot easier for transport etc.

My advice to you is check on the internet the prams you like within yr budget and then find the shops selling them and go and have a push and practice dismantling them and picking them up, could you manage with a baby in yr arms? that was my question and the one i chose was from the icandy range it did everything i needed it to do and had the added height extension in the handle that means i wont get backache when I push my son on our countryside walks or in town:)
I also got it £270 cheaper than I had been quoted at John lewis so a bargain for us anyway xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->