prams,prams,prams!!???what one to get??

K

kimber89

so im 28 weeks pregnant now and going to get my buggy soon! however when i went to go looking for one god i couldnt make upmy mind. its like buying a car! so fustrating i pick one then change my mind :wacko:
so what buggy did you all buy for your baby or thinking of getting?and why?
i seen the my4 in mothercare and i like that i can get a package with the maxi cosi seat and the pushchair that turns into pram mode all for 450 euro seen as i was going to just get the quinny for 430 euro which i think is a bit dear for just the pushchair andi dont really like the look of it! any help guys appreciated :winkwink:

It depends on lots of things that are personal to you - is weight of pushchair important? are you a brand snob? Do you want one that looks like a pushchair or a pram? what is your budget?

I went for the Bugaboo Bee in Blue because it is light, simple, a good brand, I had no budget and it comes in blue for boys!!

I had the bugaboo cam with my son...great pram, a bit pricey but a dream to push and simply gorgeous. lol

For my son and baby we got now a Phil and Ted Explorer in black. I use lots of public transport and just liked the idea of a tandem better than a classic double pram.

I chose the pliko pramette como - (mamas and papas)
.. 1.because it came with the car seat/footmuff/changing bag/parasole/raincover- for 339 quid!
.. 2.because i loved the look of it.
.. 3.i thought it was unisex (didn't know what i was having) ..
.. 4.it's very light. easy to fold away. and spacious!

great buy i think!
but yes, it's on personal preference hun x

Took me ages to actually buy my pram but i went for the one i wanted right from when i started looking (cosatto cabi - free as a bird) I got the carry cot, car seat foot muff and changing bag for £308! Couldnt find it any cheaper!
I had thought about going for a cheaper one but didnt want to think 'i wish i had the one i wanted'
Think i mainly fell in love with the birdie patterns and i definatly wanted a matching car seat!
Not sure if its the easiest to use/push/take down etc guess ill find out when i start using it haha.

im not a brand snob and the weight doesnt really bother me but maybe something not really heavy!!

I have a Graco symbio which was a real bargin and I love it. Although I haven't used it properly we have had practice with it round our home and garden to get the dog used to it and it is really easy to use. I have a friend who is a nanny and she has used a large number of different prams and buggys over the years (many of which were among the most expensive on the market) but she said my Graco was her favourite and she wants one when they have a baby so took that as high praise for it :).

This was the set I got and it was a real bargin
https://www.smythstoys.com/travel-system-327sc/graco-symbio-pushchair-mars-g08493pd.aspx

I have the M&P Glide:

https://mamasandpapas.scene7.com/is/image/mamasandpapas/113542002?$large_img$

It comes with a carrycot too and I got it ex display for £250 :thumbup: it's on offer at the minute though I think :)

I love it!

Is this your first baby? If so, and you are planning on having another quite close together make sure you bear in mind the ability it will have to convert to a double (and whether thats important to you money wise etc).

I had a pliko pramette first time around which was great...but now we are having our second (19 months apart) we have had to invest in one which converts into a double...We went for the Phil and Teds explorer in black too and I love it...I wish I had had more foresight first time round - It would have saved us (well, nanny and grandad) £500!!

lysal i said from the start i wanted the graco symbio and then the other day i changed my mind. it was the size of the basket that i didnt like but i might still end up getting that

Bugaboo cameleon for me after MUCH research and deliberation. wanted a pram where the baby faces you all the time, this one you can choose! :) Also found it to be the lightest one and the easiest one to manouvre and pretty slim width wise for the public transport.

Had my eye on the Urban Jungle Mountain buggy as well but heard things that 3 wheelers tip backwards when loaded w bags.

My friends have either of the above and whoever has whichever swears by theirs.

We have bought the graco quattro deluxe it's not small like some of the pretty ones around but it was a bargain at £159 and it's from birth all the way x

lysal i said from the start i wanted the graco symbio and then the other day i changed my mind. it was the size of the basket that i didnt like but i might still end up getting that

Have to admit the basket size is the only downside with it as it's tiny, but it's so easy to fold up and use I decided to overlook it.

Hi! :waves:

We're getting a quinny stroller and maxi cosi carseat combo, and found a deal on it by shopping for last years colors. . .I know where to see those in the U.S., but I wonder if there is a similar option for the U.K. ladies? We literally paid less than 1/2 because it was all discontinued colors, even though they still meet all the safety standards, etc.

Just a thought if you like those! :)

We went for the Silvercross Surf and are really happy with it. Xx

We've got the ICandy apple and I love love love it! :) xx

I got a little fixated over prams, first ordered trenton delux, changed my mind to the silver cross 3d which we got delivered and hubby is bringing it back tomorrow to get the m&p sola. Love love love the sola, soooo pretty but I love how sturdy it is while being really light weight too. An absolute dream to push and i love how our baby can sit up after a few months but still be facing me until I'm ready for them to face the world!! Sooooo excited to get mine tomorrow.

Ive got a Joolz, which is the one with the black chasi and white fabric, Its fab, I got the pushchair, the carrycot, the foot muff the rain cover, the pram bag, parasol and maxi cosy car seat for £700 its it fab to push, I love love love it!!

https://www.my-joolz.com/products/day

We've got the Quinny buzz 3 with all the add on's and accessories - including carseat, carrycot etc etc

I love it so much but it really is personal preference x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->