Prawns!

chrislo4

Mum to Lucie & expecting!
Reaction score
Are you still eating prawns or have you given them up?

i have eaten them throughout my pregnancy...they're absolutley fine as long as they're fresh and cooked through. I have avoided ready made prawn sandwiches and that sort of thing though.

Take care of you and bump :)

prawns are fine as long as they have been cooked. so even frozen prawns are ok as they were cooked before freezing x

Still eating them. In fact I just had them for dinner! :D I've also eaten mussels, calamare and clams since my BFP. For a while I couldn't tolerate meat, and shellfish was about the only thing I fancied.

I had calamari rings for dinner and I absolutely love prawns and will not be giving them up!! As mentioned, as long as they're properly cooked, they shouldn't be a problem!

still eating them :) and all seafood! :)
..they're actually VERY good for you!

Thank you for your replies ladies.

I was terribly sick ALL DAY yesterday and badly fancied a chinese for dinner (our set menu contains a prawn dish) However, during a conversation with my pregnant friend (due the same day as me!) she was virtually telling me off for even mentioning prawns!!!
I didnt end up eating any with my dinner, not because i was worried, but because i didnt actually fancy any in the end!

And bizarrely, the chinese managed to settle my tummy. I had no more sickness .... til this morning!

Chinese food was the one thing I fancied everytime my morning sickness was bad! I am avoiding prawns just in case (even my midwife thinks I am too strict as have cut out caffiene completely) but I am craving prawn and mayo sandwiches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"