Pray that Wills and Kate have a boy.....

jennyb86uk

Reaction score
Because the only girls name I like and that goes with Marjorie (middle name) is Elizabeth :haha:

I'm praying that they have a girl!! We have chosen Oliver Charlie for our little boy and I'm scared they might use Oliver! X

I doubt they will use Oliver as its not a royal name and there is no apparent link to an Oliver on Kates side (as far as I know)

Charles (nicknamed charlie) could be in the running though but I think they might leave a longer gap between royals called Charles

I doubt they will use Oliver as its not a royal name and there is no apparent link to an Oliver on Kates side (as far as I know)

Charles (nicknamed charlie) could be in the running though but I think they might leave a longer gap between royals called Charles

Thanks for that!! Makes me feel a bit better lol x

Elizabeth such a classic name, that I doubt any one would assume you copied them x

I think they would go for George or Edward for a boy.

Elizabeth would be a middle name only I'm sure.

I don't think they would go for Elizabeth tbh - also reckon there will be a Henry as a middle name (for Harry) and also a Diana as a middle name for a girl. xx

I think they may have Diana as a first name but everyone else I've spoken to thinks Elizabeth, I hope they choose something completely unexpected and unroyal haha not going to happen :)

I think they may have Diana as a first name but everyone else I've spoken to thinks Elizabeth, I hope they choose something completely unexpected and unroyal haha not going to happen :)

I hope so too. I think it's unlikely but possible they may not go for a royal name since the Queen's two other great grandchildren are called Savannah and Isla which are not "royal" names as such. My DD1 was almost Savannah, and when Peter Phillips's Savannah was born a few months later I was a teeny bit pleased to have not chosen it.

I hope so too. I think it's unlikely but possible they may not go for a royal name since the Queen's two other great grandchildren are called Savannah and Isla which are not "royal" names as such. My DD1 was almost Savannah, and when Peter Phillips's Savannah was born a few months later I was a teeny bit pleased to have not chosen it.

yes but there would have to be a mass disaster for them to have any big standing in the family, where as this baby is heir to the throne and one day will be king or possibly queen

What are some examples of royal names? Elizabeth, Arthur, Henry, Catherine...?

If they have a girl, I really hope they don't use my daughter's name! I dont think its royal though.

If they have a girl, I really hope they don't use my daughter's name! I dont think its royal though.

the main ones would be:

Elisabeth
Victoria
Anne
Margaret
Mary
Alice

I heard that Alexandra was a favourite with the bookies for a girl and George for a boy. Not long until we will find out!

Alexandra is a bookies favorite and not imposable but no idea why people think that would be the one

I like Alice myself for a girl so they can get lost haha.

I do think it will be something traditional though... they will hardly call their child keegan or jayden or macy. LOL!

I would love to see them have a baby girl. I adore the name "Anne" and "Elizabeth". Her ring is a nod to Diana, but to have her has a namesake, I think would be too much tradition for this couple. They are more modern and in touch with the commonwealth while still able to uphold classic tastes and style. I think "Anne" or "Alexandra" would be perfect.

the main ones would be:

Elisabeth
Victoria
Anne
Margaret
Mary
Alice

I hope they don't use Arthur, that's the name we have chosen if baby's a boy. :)

yes but there would have to be a mass disaster for them to have any big standing in the family, where as this baby is heir to the throne and one day will be king or possibly queen

For sure. I did say unlikely. You never know though, you can always hope. Victoria was a pretty much unheard of name in the UK/English speaking countries until Queen Victoria was born / came to throne. (yes I do know that her first name was Alexandrina, but that is also not a British Royal Family name).

I heard that Alexandra was a favourite with the bookies for a girl and George for a boy. Not long until we will find out!

Here are the top three boys and girls with some of the major bookies:
Paddy power:
Alexandra 4/1
Charlotte 6/1
Victoria 7/1

George 8/1
James 14/1
Louis 25/1

Ladbrokes:
Alexandra 4/1
Victoria 6/1
Elizabeth and Diana at 8/1