• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Prayers...9w5d and bleeding

CrazyMT

Reaction score
I started spotting this morning. At first just a little pink on the toilet paper. I called the OB and they have set me up for an ultrasound tomorrow morning. I ended up going to the ER because I started bleeding a little more, bright red with small clots. Still not a lot and it seems to be better now. For the past 1 to 2 weeks I have been feeling what could be braxton hicks or contractions, nothing too bad, so I just rest. I had a tiny bit of cramping earlier today but could have been the worry about everything. My beta HCG was 5,000 today, not sure what it should be at this point.

My LMP was May 7 and I was only just starting to figure out the basal body temperature when I missed AF.

I hope that things are okay for you...in regards to your hcg, for being 9 weeks along it does seem a little low. Is this the first blood test you've gotten or have you had any earlier than this?

Here's a chart that sets out what the normal range for hcg and weeks of pregnancy is:

https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

I hope you aren't hurt or worried by my direct reply but I didn't want to read and run or just not answer out of fear of worrying you. Fingers crossed for you hun!!!

I am trying not to worry too much. The HCG did seem low to me when I looked it up after I got back from the ER. This is the first HCG that I have had this time around. I feel like the doctor's office has really screwed up, not that they could have necessarily prevented this possibility. I had my urine pregnancy test and they were supposed to refer me to an OB that I requested. Well, 3 weeks later I still did not have any info on the OB, so I called and the referral was never processed. No only was it not processed, but they did not even log my positive test! I had to make an extra trip in last Monday so they could confirm by another urine just so they could put the referral in. The NP that had seen me for the first urine had left the office for another so they could not even check with her.

BTW: The ultrasound in the ER did show a fetal pole and yolk sack. I did notice on one of the measurements of what I believe was possibly the fetal pole (it was near the yolk sack) showed on the screen as 5 weeks and some odd days.

Did they say what the heart rate was? Or were you at least able to see the flicker on the screen?

I'm sorry you had such a hard time with your Dr! That's the most frustrating thing! I had issues with the first OB I ever went to and luckily found a better one just a few weeks later that I've been with ever since!

It was not the OB that was at fault. It was my PCP's office. Thankfully my PCP has moved. The only reason I have still been with that office is because I was waiting on a dermatology referral then got pregnant. I have been with my PCP for more than 15 years and through 2 pregnancies with her. I have had issues with this office for awhile. They do not get prescriptions faxed to my pharmacy in a very timely manner (talking days not hours) and I have had to had them resend the info to the pharmacy on many occasions.

They did not see the heart beat. The ER doctor said that this is about the time we may start seeing it. I think he was basing that on the HCG level.

I am really hoping my ovulation happened later than normal. My cycle the month before was off. I stopped birth control at the end of December 2014 and had been having 25-26 day cycles until April when AF came on the first then the next came on May 7. (On the 37th day!) Up until then I thought I was probably pregnant because I had light positives at home, but they were blue dye, never darkened, and the in office urine pregnancy test was negative on May 7 when AF came.

I'm definitely praying for you and baby. I'm so sorry you are going through this :hugs:

I am very sorry you're going through this. We are here to support you. I just miscarried myself last Thursday (via D&C). My beta was 7900 at 8 weeks 3 days. My LMP was May 12. Only sharing for comparison sakes. Praying for you and the little bean. :friends:

To be honest, if you were indeed 9w along you should have been able to see the heartbeat. Hopefully your dates are off, praying for you and your lo...hugs! We're here for you!

Hoping this link works. (Still new to the forum) This is what I posted when I got my BFP on June 9. It was light but has gotten progressively darker, almost as dark as the control line. When I tested I was on day 35 of my cycle. The month before my cycle was just as long, 36 days, and I had a much heavier AF than the cycles before off BC (big clots too). Before that it was 24-26 days long since January off BC. June 9 is 6 days after AF should have come if it was a 28-day cycle.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-tests/2317807-maybe.html

Maybe that could account for the low HCG and seemingly small fetal pole size that I saw (over 5-1/2 weeks)? Or maybe not cause that is only a weeks difference....

Only a drop of blood when I got up this morning. No cramping. I only had the tiniest of cramping yesterday, probably from worry. I did not even feel the contraction feeling in the evening yesterday like I often do. Another ultrasound in 4 hours and counting....

CrazyMT I hope everything went as you hoped today, update us when you can

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"