Pre Eclampsia Experience anyone!

Lucy&Pard

Reaction score
I posted on here on wednesday that I had high BP at my 40 week appointment but the MW thought I might be going into labour soon so wasnt too worried. I went to see the nurse this morning again and it was higher and she called the GP in who said I needed to get to hospital as at this stage they cant take any risks. So I am going in at 6pm tonight :cry: I assume they are really busy! Anyway the nurse was like make sure you take your stuff with you as I was leaving! What!????

Does anyone know, is the procedure to just get the baby out asap? I thought they would just monitor it and then let me go!?

Plus is the procedure to induce or c-section, do I have choice??!!

Has anyone else got any experience of this? Any advice appreciated as Im now in panic mode!

I'm not really sure what the procedure is but I think they may keep you in and attached to a BP machine. If your BP does not come down, and they feel you or the baby are at risk, you will be induced. This is what happened to a friend of mine recently. There was no mention of a c-section. I assume this would only happen if they were unable to control your BP and inducing wasn't working?

Good luck though. I'll be thinking of you. x

See what happens tonight then! I suppose I am overdue so I cant see why they wouldnt induce me if its still high. Scary! I bet its low the minute I get in there though!

Not long now then! You could be having your baby tonight! Are you taking everything in with you? x

I thought Id put the bags in the car! I bet I am home by 6.30pm! I dont reckon anything will happen!

Well, very best of luck to you. What was your BP this morning? Just curious as to what they class as "high"?

165/98 -today and my last one was 152/98 - anything over 90 on the bottom is high but 80 is ok. But also its individual all others last 5 times I have been have been...getting notes hang on.......110/60 etc so its a big jump for me.

Yes, that's quite a big jump, isn't it? Just gonna go and get my notes and check my blood pressure! (My Dad gave me a BP machine - think he is a bit paranoid!)

124/69 today so that's good. It was 127/80 at last appointment.

Would you prefer if they kept you in tonight and induced you or would you be happier to come home and let it start naturally? I'm not sure how I would feel really. Think I'd probably rather come home.

When I had my pre-eclampsia scare they explained it all to me and that if I had it they would preform a c-section to get the baby out ASAP.

To be honest I cant see the point in hanging around I mean Im 40 weeks +! Might as well get him out. Dont like the idea of being induced though everyone seems to have crazy labours when that happens but what ever is best for the baby at the end of the day. I bet I am back at 6.30pm though! But I will update you!

Most hospitals will induce you for high BP at 40+ weeks anyway.

Also the more I think about it I have been quite ill this week. Been feeling sick, had a headache for a while and my fingers are swollen! I just asumed the MW would have picked up something but we dont have appointments every week now only every 2 weeks at the end - something I will bring up because I could have had this for 2 weeks without anyone noticing!

Do they not give you a choice about c-section or being induced. I really dont want to be induced I dont know why but I have a horrible feeling about it. At least with C-section baby is out and safe quickly!

Wow, I had an induction and had the best labour ever. Why do you have a bad feeling about it?

I heard it was more painful and goes on for longer?! Is it ok?!

Yeah, I know what you mean about being induced. The prospect scares me too. You always seem to hear of women whose symptoms are amplified when they are induced. Oh well, as you say, they will do whatever is right for the baby. If we don't hear back from you later, we will assume you are staying in. Take care. xx

Do they not give you a choice about c-section or being induced. I really dont want to be induced I dont know why but I have a horrible feeling about it. At least with C-section baby is out and safe quickly!

you don,t want a c section if you can help it , it takes a long time to recover after a c section . violet xx

Thanks guys. Yep you are right about the c section thing not thinking too straight at the moment.

My labour was 4hrs and 10mins long and I had an induction. I did it only on gas & air too. Couldn't have been that bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->