Pre Eclampsia..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by staceymy, Apr 27, 2009.

1. staceymy

staceymy Mummy To Two Princesses

Does anyone know that if you get PE with your first pregnancy that you wont get it again with your other pregnancys?

The last 2wks i have started with headaches & seeing stars again. Not sure if i should phone my midwife or wait till my 24wk appointment next week.

Thanks in advance.

2. chel27

chel27 mum to 3

hi i had PE with my first child but didnt get it with my second...i to started seeing stars and got worried but it wasnt PE. yes you can get it again and its more likely if your with a different partner.
    although it is unusual to get it before 30 weeks i would still inform your MW just to be on the safe side...your bp could be raised xx

3. staceymy

Thanks.
    I think i will wait till next week, she will prob shout at me tho! Lol. I started with high BP at 24wks & PE symptoms from 28wks so got weekly appointments & shes doing the same again from 28wks.
    I dont know why but i thought once you had it you couldnt get it again.

4. angelstardust

angelstardust mother of 3

Unfortunately you can get it again. Second time I got it earlier and worse. This time my BP is starting to go up already (I'm 22 weeks).

I'd call your mw to be safe.

5. edinsam

edinsam Well-Known Member

Im exactly the same as Angel above. I have had it twice now. I am now on my third pregnancy (albeit this one is with a new partner) but I reckon I will get it again

call your midwife

6. tmr1234

tmr1234 Guest

it differs like every preg dose some get it some dnt

7. h702

h702 Well-Known Member

for those that have had it, did your baby come early? if so how early? the doc says i am likely to get it so they need to watch closely and then they try and control it til its safe to deliver?

i would defo ring midwife if your seeeing stars though x

8. staceymy

My daughter came early but i went into labour myself. It didnt show PE in my bloods till i was in early labour so they gave me a sweep to get things going quicker.
    I found that with my daughter they didnt really tell me much & worried me all the time. But when the time came that they knew that baby had to be delievered as soon as they acted quickly.
    My MW was brill, she saw me every week & sent me to day unit if my BP we
    as too high. But it always came down after a few hours so they never bed rested me or gave me medication.

9. Justme

Justme Well-Known Member

I'd give your MW a call hun ,just air on the side of caution.She can't 'shout' at you if you just make her aware x

10. amylw1

amylw1 my 3 boys in avatar. x

i had it with 1st, not 2nd BUT they are concerned this time as i have had headaches and dizzy spells from 14weeks, my feet and ankles keep swelling even if i sit with them up all day and there have been traces of protein in urine but not enough to link it all at the moment. they do say after 24weeks usually but it can happen earlier.

if your concerned speak to your mw sooner.

they didnt decided until i was 40weeks with my eldest that it was pe, and they booked me in for induction 2days later.

11. angelstardust

angelstardust mother of 3

DS1 was an induction at 35 weeks after 2 weeks of medication and monitoring in hospital.

DS2 was an em c section at 33 weeks when I had a placentral abruption due to having been given too high a dose of medication. It brought my BP down too far too fast. BP had been up right the way through and I had been in and out of hospital.

12. xJG30

xJG30 Tom & Mummy <3

I asked about this when I'd had Tom and then said its mostly down to the partner your with as to whether or not you get it the 2nd time.

13. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

I never had pre-eclamsia, I had postpartum preeclamsia with my 1st. Nothing with my 2nd, but this time I am getting very bad dizzy spells, seeing lights infront of me and headaches. I am being investigated at the mo, there is no protein in urine, but my blood pressure is very low. So looks like it could just be that for me, but having bloods checked for aneamia.

I hope it all goes ok with the MW hun. x