Pre-made milk ?

bumphenders

Reaction score
Sorry If I shouldn't be posting in here..

But just after some advice please... Some of yous may have seen 1 or 2 of my other posts and know I'm a first time Mummy-to-be, and I'm slightly confused...

A few people have asked me if I'm going to just use the ready made baby milk at first as its better, but I had no clue about this...

Did anyone use ready made bottles, and if so, how long did you use them for before you switched to the powder?
And Can I not just use the Powder from the start?
:s

:flow:

Yes you can use powder from the start (some of my friends have done that) but I used the pre-made milk that comes in sterile bottles (or cartons) for the first week and then I switched to powder. I only use the pre-made milk at night.

I think its convienient to use ready made to begin with as you can just tip a bit into a sterile bottle when lo needs a feed. To begin with as well, its not too expensive as lo won't be drinking huge amounts for a while.
I think it is recommended for prem and/or sicky babies to have ready made as it is sterile and so safer.

Once you have got the hang of feeding lo and are settled back at home then you can switch to the powdered milk and just use the cartons when it is not possible to use powder (such as on a day out or when travelling).

Some people keep their babies on cartons all the time, but for me it would be too expensive to do this. Also, just to bear in mind, the cartoned stuff can taste a little sweeter because the sterilisation process carmelises it slightly - some babies refuse to go back to powder afer tasting the carton milk!

HTH
J x

Thank you to both you ladies, i'm just insure what to do...Going to have a chat with the MW because my cousin told me you have to have the pre made stuff while in hospital :S

yeah you will need to have it for the hospital although some provide it for you. Your midwife will know what you will need for you particular hospital. You can buy little bottles with teats for hospital use which saves you having to take sterilised bottles with you. Jx

i was so confused by it all and not confident in a method ive only ever used ready made cartons and my LO is almost 7 months old!
it is expensive and i wish id tried to switch to powder as LO has been using them for so long i was told not to bother as hes probably too used to the creamier ready made and powder might not agree with him!
luckily he doesnt drink as much as he was anymore :haha:

i want to use Powder. I will use the pre made at hosp if i have to, but i would prefer to use the powder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->