pre or post ovulation? TTC after M/C and Blighted Ovum.

Adalynsmomma

Mother of a girl
Reaction score
I had my daughter June of 2010, a D&C M/C in December of 2014 and a blighted ovum in January 2015.

With our daughter we just said if it happened, it did and if not it didnt. No planning, just being a newly married couple content with or without. It took three months without actively trying, so not bad at all.

With the last 2 pregnancys, nothing was planned and we were not trying. I was on Nuva ring with the December and I have no clue how we managed to have it happen again for January. I was so happy even though we didn't plan December. I was 7 weeks along when I lost it. January took an entire week to determine old hormones ot new pregnancy. It was so hard on me. It took 3 weeks from there to naturally miscarry and til last Feb to get down to 0. My hormones dropped soooo slowly. I finally had my first normal period since October in March. I originally said no more babies, I couldn't handle it again . Right before my April period I talked about getting the Depo shot. I then heard horror stories about TTC and it terrified me. That feeling told me I was not done yet so I decide if April was also a normal cycle, we would TTC. It was.

Now I have never once paid any attention to my ovulation and symptoms. I knew nothing about knowing when you are so my sister helped me and I do a lot of online looking. Lol. According to the calculator my fertility cycle started April 10th with the 15th being high fertility. Knowing that isn't exactly correct for everyone we started after my period stopped.

I then did notice an increase in discharge. Mucas like as it said it would be but only noticeable when I wiped so don't know details. We have intercourse most every day since period without trying to over due it so skipping some days. 2 nights ago we had intercourse and that night I cramped most all night. I read it was a sign your egg was preparing to drop and that discharge would change. So the next day (yesterday) my discharge was basically liquid. Tmi but I wasn't wearing bottoms and when I got out of bed after laying there mid day it ran down my leg. We had intercourse that night to be sure again. Day after that (today) it is now very different again. It is now very white and pasty.

I am unsure if this would more than likely mean my egg already dropped or not. We chose not to have intercourse today and it is killing me. I know sperm last 3-5 days so we should be just fine but I still can't help but get so nervous skipping lol.

With discharge being how it is, would you say I already ovulated or I am going to? What was your experience while tracking discharge?

Hiya :) wishing you the very best of luck, I really hope you get your bfp. You sound like you have definitely ovulated as your mucus goes pasty and white after ovulation and the extreme wet was your most fertile day. you have definitely dtd at the right times to give yourself the best chance this month x

I concur, white CM typically means you are post ovulation, so you should be in your two week wait now!

Really, BD every other day is perfectly fine! They actually recommend it because each man reproduces sperm at different rates so every other day should give you the best quality of sperm. And it also times you to where you will be in a good window no matter when you ovulate. (because you are pretty much guaranteed to have either had sex the night before or right on O day. But, in general, it's always best to have sperm waiting for the egg rather than them trying to catch it on it's way out)

And as far as dealing with :bfn:s or miscarriages... I pretty much go into every month (19 now for me) expecting a negative, so it's doesn't bother me when it is. And as far as early miscarriages/chemicals. Unfortunately it's just a face of life :( The statistics are something like 50-60% of pregnancies end in miscarraige so it's extremely common. It certainly doesn't help with the let down of being pregnant then not but I hope you realize that it's not anything that you can control on your end.

I have had an ectopic so I know exactly how you feel though and I'm sorry you went through that! It also took a long time for my HCG to go to 0. I found out I was not going to be able to keep the pregnancy at 2.8 weeks but I didn't finally get down to zero until close to 7 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->