Pre Pregnancy Nesting?

sweetysangel8

Reaction score
We are finally TTC in May (YAYS!). I'm not sure if it's a mix of spring cleaning or if there is a such thing as pre pregnancy nesting, but I can't stop organizing and cleaning! My house is more organized then its ever been in my life but definitely not a bad thing. At least I'm being very productive. :haha:

Will be ttc May too I think! I might wait until June though, bit worried about a Feb baby and snow, so March would be good.

I think this time around in definitely feeling the pre pregnancy nesting too. I just know how chaotic it can be with all the baby stuff etc!

Yay for being so productive!!

I'm waiting for May too!!! And YES I feel exactly the same!! :haha: I have been cleaning everything like a mad woman since about August of last year! It was my way to keep the baby fever at bay. You know how sometimes baby fever comes in an exciting way, and other times it comes in an awful "ugh" kind of way? Well in August I had it pretty bad in that second way, like how long do I have to wait, this is going to take forever, I might as well give up on life because I can't possibly wait for 9 more months!!! :haha: So I decided that I need to prepare my home for ttc and for pregnancy, and for baby!! I started looking around, thinking "will I really want to organize the under the sink cabinet when I'm pregnant or trying?" no. "Will I really want to organize the spare room closet when I'm pregnant?" no. So I started doing it now! And my house is super organized now, and somehow I still find things to do. Like I didn't realize that I had never cleaned the window tracks (omg gross). So I did!!

fxmummy: I've had that thought too. We for sure didn't want a December/January baby. We are in the upper midwest so winter tends to hang until at least March and then we also have a couple snowstorms in April and sometimes one in May! But I figured if I do get pregnant pretty quick and end up with a Feb or March baby, we can deal with it.

OhHappyZ: I've had the same exact mindset! I kept telling myself I probably don't want to do any of this when pregnant so lets make it easier on myself and do it now. Plus I've also had my ups and downs throughout the waiting process. I actually started sewing "baby projects" a couple years ago (blankets, sheets, burp cloths, etc). A good chunk of it has gone to others for baby gifts but what is left over is mine. It seemed to help keep me at bay some days but other days, it just doesn't work.

Me too! I have been going crazy! I have found myself even thinking about putting things away for baby safety (like cleaning supplies that are currently under the sink) and then catching myself and realizing that there is no baby yet. It makes me think of that Feist song where it goes "Helping the kids out of their coats, oh wait the babies haven't been born". It keeps getting stuck in my head during this pre-nesting phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->