pre-school sign up

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
I rang up this morning and signed Earl up for our preferred choice of pre-school. Is it worth me signing him up for more than one. I know the sign-up doesn't guarantee anything, but I would love him to get into one of them in the local area (there are 3). Would you ring round all 3? I'm tempted but I don't want to cause confusion. :shrug:

I have now emailed the other two and asked for more info. Thought this was a good halfway house. This is all so confusing. He's only 19 months old. I don't want to start thinking about him going to school. :cry:

I'm kinda in the sane predicament, although Brooke is older than Earl....if it helps, I enquired about the waiting list and then made a decision based on that. I want both of mine to go to the same one, so I ended up only being able really to put them down on one register. the other one had 80 children on the waiting list :shock: so Brooke wouldn't have got a place (she'll start September!) but Bertie might have done, and I obviously didn't want that.

I think you can put Earl on more than one waiting list, and then decide nearer to the time about which one to send him to. don't forget to check the OFSTED website if you haven't already. :flower:

I'm really lost with this topic, how do you put your name down for a certain school? We are moving to a different town and I have just looked at OFSTED reports for the schools in the area and there is one fantastic one, and two rubbish ones, in the town. I'm now worried that I have left this too late!
Sorry to hijack your thread!

I'm really lost with this topic, how do you put your name down for a certain school? We are moving to a different town and I have just looked at OFSTED reports for the schools in the area and there is one fantastic one, and two rubbish ones, in the town. I'm now worried that I have left this too late!
Sorry to hijack your thread!

You can 'register your interest' as they call it. This means that when the time comes to apply you'll be sent the forms etc rather than having to call up and therefore you're not going to miss out.

My CM has a daughter the same age as Earl (6 weeks younger) so they'll be joining the same year group. She suggested I apply to the same one as apparently if your CM does drop offs to a particular school you get a preference - not sure if that's true but it's worth a go as that school has a particularly good report for the area. There is another one that is running a close 2nd (looks lovely and they run sessions for 2-3s as well for settling in purposes), and to be honest there is every chance that I'll be on maternity leave/working from home when he starts so the CM element isn't a priority, but would rather do it this way around just in case.

It is causing me headaches. I think I'll be a bit more capable of making a decision once I'm PG again and can actually stick to a plan. :dohh:

Ive just filled in kyles forms just got to take them back with his birth Cert, although for th eone we are applying to your ment to sign up as soon as baby is born lol

Well my 'close 2nd' has just improved it's chances. I emailed this morning to the 2 other ones and have had replies from both. One I'm not too struck with have said they'll send a prospectus in the next couple of weeks as it's currently being printed and his name is on the waiting list.

The other one, which I'm quite taken with have asked me to call to arrange an informal chat and 'play session' for Earl. They also require £5 registration fee and currently that have room in their 2-3s room from Jan :thumbup:

I'll call them Wednesday (when I'm next at home in the day) and arrange to go in next week I think....hubby wants to come too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"