Pre visit from hv before baby due? Whats that all about?

tulip2002

Reaction score
I was in doctors other day and noticed a notice on the board that health visitors now come out for a visit before babys due, after 20 weeks it said. Whats that all about? Thought they only come out after?
Anyone know or had visit before?

I had a visit before my son was born in 2012. They came around 4 weeks before he was born and just asked lots of questions about support etc. They also gave me his red book. It seemed to be common practice at the time. I wonder if they do different things in different areas, I was in West Yorkshire.

Yes the uk. With all my 3 they didnt come out till after they was born, but now seen that poster things must have changed im in cheshire area

I had a visit before my son was born in 2012. They came around 4 weeks before he was born and just asked lots of questions about support etc. They also gave me his red book. It seemed to be common practice at the time. I wonder if they do different things in different areas, I was in West Yorkshire.

Did they have a look around and stuff? Just been searching on it and some people said they did.

A friend who recently had a baby had this happen too, it must be standard practice now.

Seems odd to me, bloody useless they are too (or were for me anyway!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->