Precipitous Labors

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Beltane, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Beltane

Beltane Mother of 3 Boys!

So I wondering what this labor is going to be like. I started googling about precipitous labors as my first baby was born in about 3 hours from start to finish. The website said that it may run in families. So I asked my mother yesterday about her labors . Sure as shit she tells me that all her labors were 3 hours or less! I had no idea this could run in families. The website says to ask your sisters as well (if they've already had children) beause this could give you an idea if you're one of the lucky ones who will inherit a quick labor.

2. elm

elm Mama

I don't think I want to ask!!! I know I was a breech birth (my mum had an xray to check my position towards the end of her pregnancy!?!) so I know it wasn't an easy one.

x

3. missjacey44

missjacey44 Jacey & Baby Tye

My mum said with all her children it was a quick labour.. Her last being the quickest.
    None of my sisters have children yet but will be interesting to see what happens with me and what happens when my sister has children! I might ask my nan about her labour with her 3 children!

4. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I wasn't lucky :rofl:

5. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

my mum was 2.5 hours with me, 1.5 with my sis. her twin was the sameish with my cousins. my sis was pretty much the same, but she's from my dad's first marriage lol! I'm hopin to be the same tho

6. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

My twin had a 6 hour labour with her 1st and a 4 hour with her 2nd. As in 6 hours from the 1st inckling of anything - not full blown labour!!!:happydance:

7. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

my mum had horrendous time with me and i was 6 hours with rosie, maybe i was lucky last time and this one will be awkward lol

8. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

My Mum's labours were all 6 hours or less I think, two of them induced. This is my first but my sister has had two and was about 24hours with the first in full labour. With the second she was in early labour for a few days then I think it was maybe about 14 hours or so for labour proper.

9. Sarahkka

Sarahkka Mama to Two Fine Boys!

Mum said I was about 12 hours, 2nd baby was 6 hours and 3rd baby was 3 hours.
    Then she told me that I was 40 weeks, 4 days, but both younger brothers were 42 weeks! :(
    She and I have had very similar pregnancies so far.

10. MummyJade

MummyJade Mum

I got no hope then! my mum was 11 days late with my Brother and was in active labour for 3 days! cos he turned last minute! and with me i was 6 days late but only 4 hours active... so i am hoping for a repeat of my birth but without the 6 days late!
    xx

11. Dee_H

Dee_H Mama to Rian + Bump

When my mom had my older brother, she literally spit him out in no time...with me she had a long, hard labour...so here's hoping I will have an easy.. Good luck Beltane!!:hugs: