Preeclampsia

missielibra

Reaction score
Hi mommies.
Earlier on in my pregnancy I was diagnosed with a higher risk of developing preeclampsia and growth issue for the baby (I have a follow up echo to make sure he keeps on growing, but so far at 28 weeks, my uterus measured 28cm). I'm currently 30+1. My doctor always asked me questions during my appointments, but from what I understood, preeclampsia comes about during the third trimester which started very recently for me.

I see my doctor the 9th of august (which is in 8 days). Last time I saw her was about 12 days ago, so really at the beginning of my third trimester.

Now, for almost two weeks, I've been having blur vision, seeing black spots ALL the time, and this has been happening every day. Is this something that was common for any mommies who've had it? Am I better off waiting for my apt in 8 days, or should I try to see her before?

Any tips/experience are welcome!
Thank you so much

Lots of things can cause that, like low blood pressure. So try not to stress.

But, don't risk it! Call your doctor ASAP and ask if they think you should come in. I would go in. I had severe pre eclampsia with my first at 33 weeks. Please contact your doctor.

But, don't risk it! Call your doctor ASAP and ask if they think you should come in. I would go in. I had severe pre eclampsia with my first at 33 weeks. Please contact your doctor.

I tried calling! The receptionist said that I can't talk to the doctor directly, they don't do that.
That I can try emailing her receptionist and see if the receptionist deems it appropriate it to transfer my email... I was kind of disappointed...

Well, I know I don't have low blood pressure right now. I was very low pre-preggers (like 85/60) but my latest appointment I was 120/... hmm I don't remember the second number, but the first was 120, which is not low. (2 weeks ago)

I tried calling! The receptionist said that I can't talk to the doctor directly, they don't do that.
That I can try emailing her receptionist and see if the receptionist deems it appropriate it to transfer my email... I was kind of disappointed...

Well, I know I don't have low blood pressure right now. I was very low pre-preggers (like 85/60) but my latest appointment I was 120/... hmm I don't remember the second number, but the first was 120, which is not low. (2 weeks ago)

Call, tell the receptionist you need your doctor's nurse to call you back ASAP. That is how all my doctors work. They don't let you talk to the doctor, the nurse will call you back next chance they get and determine if you need to come in.

I see you are in Canada, it may be different but they can't just leave you hanging. If not, is there a place you could go like urgent care (for pregnant women) or the emergency department?

While waiting to get in touch with your doctors, can you go to a drugstore that has a blood pressure machine and get your blood pressure checked? I would still try to follow up with the doctor ASAP but thought you could try that or the urgent care etc.

I finally got to see my doctor, but didn't get to communicate with her before the appointment... I expressed how disappointed I was that it was so difficult to reach her but...

Well, I don't really this doctor. My regular doctor has gone on Mat Leave so - july 20th, I met this new doctor for the first time, so this was only our second appointment... Anyways, pressure is a LITTLE up, but I'm still in the clear she says... and apparently my vision changes are normal...

I think I'll just make regular visit to the pharmacy to take my blood pressure... take it upon myself to do a strict follow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->