preferred season for having baby?

MissN8

Reaction score
Just for fun, when would be your preferred time of year to have LO? There are pros and cons of different seasons but I always thought spring or autumn is a nice time of year. Do you think once you start trying you will stop trying to avoid a certain month such as december? I'm not sure if I would especially if it was taking so long?

I was 6-9 months pregnant with my daughter during the hottest months of the year and it was AWFUL. I hated my life the last three months of my pregnancy LOL. This time we are TTC and I'm hoping I can be at my biggest during the winter!

Yea been thinking that might be tough but weather is never too hot where I live anyway. I always think bumps look cute in summer dresses tho

We are aiming for a spring baby but wouldn't mind another early summer baby. My only complaint with my son was it was so small and it was so hot out that I had a hard time leaving the house. This time I hope we can get a March-May baby. That way they are a little older by summer and it won't be so bad. It also works well with my job and would allow me 4-5 months home with baby and I would love that.

I do plan to avoid December and January. They are just not months I wish to have a baby in for many reasons including the holidays and very cold/snowy weather. I would definitely be home bound and I do not think that would be a good thing with two littles.

I prefer to be hugely pregnant during the winter. I live in a part of the states where we do not get much of a winter, but it's incredibly hot the rest of the year.

I loved having DD in the Spring/Summer time, so hoping for another warm weather baby! I also avoided being pregnant during the hottest months, and was able to get immediately get out and about with her without bundling up or worrying about the flu going around. I don't think we'll try to avoid a winter baby if it happens, but I'm going to do my best to shoot for a Summer/Autumn baby! :haha:

I think spring or autumn. My eldest is autumn which I like because he will be eldest of the school year, but I think in terms of a nice time to give birth I think spring, summer would be too far into the academic year for my liking but spring would be light and getting warm enough to get out. My youngest is a December baby, I don't recommend that bless him!!

I would like another spring baby (actually right around this time would be ideal). My LO was an early April baby and I was so glad that it was starting to stay light out later. I found nights to be really hard with a small baby and once it got dark it felt like I was trapped inside for the night. Now that it's light out until 830-9 it makes the days feel longer and the stressful nights feel shorter.

I also wouldn't want to be heavily pregnant in the hottest months of the year.

That said, I don't think I'd specifically avoid any months, really. I don't want my LO to feel like she has to share her birthday so I would probably aim for a few weeks difference either way but that's the only thing I'd really bother planning around.

I would like to have a baby in the fall or spring. I can only imagine how hard it is to be pregnant in the middle of the summer especially if it's very hot out.

I had my daughter in the spring, and it was lovely. I'd like an early autumn baby next time, if I get the chance!

We would ideally love to have a late spring/summer baby next time. Our daughter was born in early February and that was a perfectly fine time to actually give birth and have a small baby, the first few weeks, especially with your first, you don't go out much, so that by the time I was getting out more, going to meet friends for coffee, taking regular walks with her, it was March and starting to warm up a bit, and then by the time she was really down on the ground, playing, starting solids, it was summer, so she could go down on a blanket in the garden, we could have picnics, etc. That was nice. But I think having a winter birthday is a real pain in terms of planning a birthday party. You literally just can't ever plan to do something outside, which means you have to either hire a space to have it (expensive!) or you need to fit it in your house (fine when they are babies or older, but tough when you have 10 toddlers destroying your house). I was born in October and I always had an outdoor birthday, and that was great. Next time, I would love to have a May-September baby, but actually, I need to travel next summer for work so we can't actually try for that, so more than likely it will be a September to December baby or later. I really, really do not want a December baby because I hate Christmas and the only thing worse in my mind than having another winter birthday party to plan is it pretty much always being sort of Christmas themed!:dohh:

May was a lovely time to have a baby! October and August I was at my heaviest when the weather was hottest.....but that also meant lots of time on beaches, eating ice-cream and sipped iced drinks lol. That was lovely! I wouldn't want another summer baby (have 2) as they're at such a disadvantage age wise for school nowadays due to the lack of flexibility in the system. I would be happier if they brought back half days till 5 like it was when I was smaller.

If we get a 4th, I would love an early spring (Feb/March) just because a. we don't have another birthday around then lol and b. It's lovely having a tiny one in the spring summer. Not so many layers involved and just as they get interested in the world you're out and about. Oh and a part of me would love to complete the set - we have a May Half Term and an October Half Term birthday. We need a February half term baby! lol

We want a spring baby as I am a teacher. I would love to have the baby in spring and have my maternity leave and then have the entire summer off with the baby.

We want a spring baby as I am a teacher. I would love to have the baby in spring and have my maternity leave and then have the entire summer off with the baby.

That is my primary reason for wanting a spring baby. And then all these ladies just making it even more tempting with stories of how great it was to have spring babies. :winkwink:

I'm another spring/early summer hopeful!

Ideally April/may/June would be awesome, otherwise October/November but I'm not fussed. I read a ladies TTC journal the other day and she said she used to plan for certain months or around events, now she'd just be grateful for it to happen at all :nope: bless her x

It's quite cold where we live, so a summer baby would be nice, but I don't think we will really pay attention to timing all that much... If it's meant to be it will :)

If I fall straight away it will be a summer baby

I'd choose spring if I have the choice! We'll be starting ttc next July so if it works then it would be an April due date. I don't plan on skipping any months... any month it happens will be perfect. x

My DS was born in September of 2013 so I was heavily pregnant during the hottest time of year (which was not fun). However it was a wonderful time of year to have a newborn as it was starting to cool off a bit to where the weather was nice and comfortable and the cold fall weather hadn't arrived yet. This time I would love a Spring baby but I have a feeling that I'll either have a summer baby or I'll be due in the fall again. I'm guessing anywhere between July and October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->