preg symptoms help please!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by jessica2509, Aug 29, 2009.

1. jessica2509

jessica2509 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Ok, can i please get some help as my 'symptoms' are up the left!

I know that i can get pregnant in the past pretty easily. I have one daughter and have since had 2 miscarriages. I just started trying this month again.

I am convinced my boobs are tingly although not quite sure if i'm concentrating on them too much and imagining it! Although i definitely have the montgomery little bumps on them which had gone away since my last miscarriage. (I get them every time i've been pregnant).

The only question i have is i took my temperature yesterday and today just using a normal thermometer which goes in your ear. I know that when i've been pregnant in the past my temp has been around 37.3. First thing in the morning i took it and it was normal ie. 36.8. Then i took it about half an hour later and it was up to 37.3 ish. Does this a)mean I'm not pregnant or b) my thermometer is really inaccurate?!?! and can i really tell if i'm not pregnant just by taking my temp with a normal thermometer?

Otherwise could people not just forget about a pregnancy test and just take their temp and if it's normal know automatically they're not preg?!?!

sorry to ramble on, just was almost convinced last week i was preg and now i'm really disheartened. My af is not even due til around 2/3rd sept.

Any experiences/help would be greatfully received!

x

2. Caterpiller

Caterpiller Not cooperating

You can't tell temps properly without a BBT - a normal thermometer rounds up, whereas a BBT will show you .01 difference. This isn't going to be very helpful, as Montgomery Tubercles come up as a response to progesterone, and can start before AF - happens to me.

You would need to maintain temps above your coverline from more than 18 dpo for us to know - do you chart, can you share it? Might be able to give you a better opinion. Soz couldn't be more helpful Jessica

3. jessica2509

jessica2509 Well-Known Member

thanks, I don't do charts as i would become more obsessed than i am already, besides i get pain during ovulation so i know pretty much when that happens.

The bumps on me don't become as pronounced before af as they have done when i'm preg or certainly not as noticeable.