Preganant after Copper Coil?..Anybody else?

BABYCAREY

mummy to a angel
Reaction score
Hello Girls
As title says Im pregnant but had copper coil fitted, my dr said it was impossible to get pregnant on it so jumped at the chance after havin my 5th baby at xmas plus it was my 4th section :nope:
The surgeon said at the time I had a fantastic womb n cud have 2,3 more pregnancies but my scar tissue was in his words horrendous! I am n shock to b pregnant but not only that im worried wats gonna happen? I am petrified.
I was scanned last thurs and baby was measuring 8wks 4days. I nearly fell off bed! I feel terrible ive been eatin like a pig and ive drank alcohol! Something I wud never have done had I known, I kinda had a odd period n May but assumed all ok becus as dr said it was 100%!!
The consultant said it was best to leave coil n, he told me to be vigilant as chance I cud miscarry was strongest n the next few weeks. Whilst im shocked about being pregnant I don't want anything to happen the baby! We suffered 2 mmc in the past n wudnt want to go through it again.
Please can someone give me some advice please?
Thx xx BC
Has anybody else had this happen to them?

Hello, it hasn't happened to me but happened to my mother in law. She had a copper coil fitted and then found out she was pregnant with her son/my husband! She had to keep the coil in too. She had a normal pregnancy and labour, and my husband was a happy and healthy baby and healthy as an adult.
I'm expecting my 4th which will be delivered by C-section too. My son was an emergency section and 2 girls were C-section by my choice. Your surgeon said that you could have 2 more so i'm sure everything will be fine.

Congratulations and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

congrats wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months, didn't want to read and run

Hello, it hasn't happened to me but happened to my mother in law. She had a copper coil fitted and then found out she was pregnant with her son/my husband! She had to keep the coil in too. She had a normal pregnancy and labour, and my husband was a happy and healthy baby and healthy as an adult.
I'm expecting my 4th which will be delivered by C-section too. My son was an emergency section and 2 girls were C-section by my choice. Your surgeon said that you could have 2 more so i'm sure everything will be fine.

Congratulations and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

Hi,
Yes he said my womb was grand but scar tissue is the problem. It makes the operation trickier and obviously the more sections you have the higher chance of serious complications. Im petrified something may go wrong. After the last at xmas I had a horrible time, I was n agony becus he had to "peel me like a onion" wound opened 3 times then took an infection :nope: This will be my 5th section and cant stop thinkin of wats ahead
xBC

I got pregnant on the copper coil, the pregnancy pushed the coil down into my cervix so I had it removed, unfortunately my pregnancy ended in a mmc at the end of Feb but I was told it was nothing to do with the coil. X

I'm a copper coil baby.

My mom got pregnant with me while having an IUD in place. She kept it in until delivery with me. All went just fine, except that I was over due to the point where the placenta started to deteriorate.

Thanks Girls
Im so worried becus dr said my riskiest wks are up to wk 12! Im now around 9+3 & absolutely scared im gonna have another mmc.
Its comforting to know that some babies get to b delivered wit coil still n body
I can only hope and put my trust in mother natures hands
xx

I asked my mom...she said you will be just fine. Relax =) Obvs, I am here as proof ;-)

Went to midwife and booked in today
Shes gonna try n rush thru my nxt scan, she reckons I may have been pregnant b4 coil!
Ive had pains down low past couple of days, not sure if its scar tissue r somethin else? She said hopefully the uterus will push coil into placenta when its gettin bigger
She says baby prob b delivered at 36 wks n I'll get steriod injection to help babys lungs mature
I guess I want someone to wave a magic wand n say all will b ok and baby will be healthy n I'll be fine too
xx BC

Aww, i'm sure everything will be ok. When you get your next scan you will feel better. Cant wait for your update xxx

Aww, i'm sure everything will be ok. When you get your next scan you will feel better. Cant wait for your update xxx

Hi :flower:
I'm just so nervous, I was warned after my 4th section at xmas not to have anymore! My scar tissue is horrendous! He told me not to. Im just so worried sumthin terrible is going to happen and I won't be around for my children.
Midwife said they'll cover all possible problems and try not to worry? :shrug:
Im also afraid sum thing will happen and I'll lose the baby, I honestly don't think I cud handle another mc :nope:
She cant even b sure how far along I actually am until this nxt scan,
xx BC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"