Pregnacare conception tablets and missed period

barbarap

Reaction score
hello,
i've been taking pregnacare conception tables for a month as we're going to start trying at the end of the year and thought i would start taking them a few months before..
i should have had my period on the 2nd Oct, I'm usually pretty regular but as of today 8th Oct the period hasn't arrived. had usual painful cramps but they're now gone...
I'm not pregnant and am not massively worried, it just upsets me that now that I want to be regular I happened to miss a period. I was wondering if maybe taking all these new vitamins might have affected my body.
anyone with a similar experience?
thanks a lot
b

Hi Barbara. It's funny you say that I started taking them about a month ago too and I notice I have ovulated wayyyy later than usual. Every other month I would have ovulated by now!! So maybe they are delaying ovulation for us and that would explain why you are late. So annoying!!!!!!

Hi Barbara. It's funny you say that I started taking them about a month ago too and I notice I have ovulated wayyyy later than usual. Every other month I would have ovulated by now!! So maybe they are delaying ovulation for us and that would explain why you are late. So annoying!!!!!!

I too have noticed this in myself.

Why would they do that?

Really??? I have no idea, it must be something in them perhaps. Would love to know. Getting so frustrated and tired of dtd!! Waiting for ovulation. Oh well at least I am I spose, I hope.

funny you say that because the past month i was observing my cervical mucus and it wasn't as abundant or thick as it usually is....
will start taking parsley tea tonight, i've heard it helps bringing on the period.

Really??? I have no idea, it must be something in them perhaps. Would love to know. Getting so frustrated and tired of dtd!! Waiting for ovulation. Oh well at least I am I spose, I hope.

Apparently according to FF my O occured 4 days before AF :fool:

Hi,

I'm new to this website. My problem is that I started taking Pregnacare conception about a month and a half ago AND I am pretty sure that it is the cause of my delayed period. I usually have a regular 30 day cycle. However, I am currently on DAY 39 and no sign of my period! This is getting me really worried and depressed, as we are planning to start TTC next month. I am definitely not pregnant. This has never happened before. I can't believe it! I have stopped taking the Pregnacare tablets and am just hoping that things get back to normal. Did things return to normal for you? Has anyone else had this experience with Pregnacare?

Yes, this happened to me - Pregnacare delayed AF the first month by 4 days - not quite as many as you guys, but still delayed it. (well I don't know if it was that, but its sounding like it was). Then the next cycle it was back to normal. So hopefully it will sort itself out for you ladies. I have to take them as I am slight anaemic but there is no real scientific reason why you should take them before you are pregnant as long as you are healthy I guess.

So, others have experienced the same problem. This shows that it really is the pregnacare that has messed up my cycle. It doesn't make sense, as they are just vitamins. Why would this happen?

I am thinking it could be the iron?? But who knows? It could also be coincidence.

I know this is an old post. We have been TTC for over a year now and I KNOW my cylces like the back of my hand. 25 days level 2 on ovulation monitor day 8 to 9 and fertile level 3 on day 12.

I started taking this pregnacare I was approaching fertility from day 8 to 15 and became fertile today. This has never happened in the 15 or so months I have been TTC so can only put it down to the month on these tablets.

So I guess I shouldnt get too excited when my period is late this month then. I wont be taking them again thats for sure.

Good luck everyone TTC. We are starting IVF in June :o)

hi sorry for resurrecting this post--my ov has been delayed due to these and EPO also-----i hope it doesnt take long for them to get the hell out a my system!!!

Hi everyone! Have exactly the same problem. started taking Pregnacare last month and for the first time ever my period is 5 days late and definetly not pregnant..it is a relief to hear that it could be the tablets and not actually something wrong with me...
Has anyone stopped taking the tablets?? Should I keep taking Pregnacare or should I stop?? so frustrating to be late when it is the first cycle TTC..I am just praying for my period to come!!!

Why does pregnancare do that? i thought they were just vitamins? Can they affect your cycle? sorry for sounding ignorant.

Hi All, I think this is happening to me too! I took it all through my 3 pregnancies with no problem but have never taken whilst TTC. Now my period is late but I'm not pregnant, most annoying!

I posted about this a while backe because i was considering taking them and remembered this thread. Now i have them in my cupboard and am reluctant..but how on earth can a vitamin supplement stop your period. I really do find that hard to believe...but its difficult not to believe it when you hear your stories. I think i might just continue with sanatogen ones. I have never had any issues with them.

I agree entirely mumoffive. I have just decided to stop incase it is them. May try the sanatogen or just folic acid. Can always go onto pregnacare again once pregnant, as i did previously. Not really concerned about my diet so should be fine. Interesting that I'm just as anxious TTC no.4. Thought I might be a bit more chilled, but really am not!

I started taking pregnacare conception a couple of days after ovulation. My period was due on the 14th, its now the 17th and still no period? Has anyone had a delayed period caused by these pills?

Ive just bought some of these today to start trying. I have been taking folic acid but id heard good reports for the pregnacare so i thought id try them. Ive already ov and due the :witch: next week. Dont know whether to wait now or start taking them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->