Pregnacare???

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Kattykins, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Kattykins

Kattykins Well-Known Member

Are any of you taking this while TTC. Originally I thought it was only for pregnancy & breast feeding but it's for pre conception & TTC as well so I've just started taking it. I've got DH on a multi vitamin with zinc too (zinc supposed to make sperm swim faster) so I suppose it can only help.

2. penguin77

penguin77 Pround mummy of 2 :-)

During TTC i take the basic folic acid tablets...i did the same with Jac. I switched to the pregnacare ones as soon as i found i was pregnant though.

These can become quite expensive if TTC can take longer than expected. So we're TTC#2 now and i'm taking the basic folic acid tablets and plan on switching again if we're luclky enough to get a BFP.

Good luck hun
    xx

3. bubbles

bubbles 1DS, 1DD & preggo

I took it when TTC with DS and got pregnant 1st month. I'm now on cycle 3 BUT I am still breast feeding which can supress your fertility although I do plan on switching next week when I can stock up for a few months. If your in the UK and have a bodycare near you they sell it for about £6

4. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

Hiya,

I used normal folic acid last time but had a m/c I started taking that about 1 month before I fell pregnant.

Since my m/c in Sept I have been taking pregnacare. It was on 3 for 2 in boots. I'm willing to pay the extra price if it means it will help and after last time I don't feel comfortable taking just normal folic acid even though I know this couldn't really have had anything to do with m/c it's just in my head.

5. MrsH1980

MrsH1980 Mummy to Myka

I started with pregnacare conception but am currently working through a pack of normal pregnacare (they didn't have any conception ones left in the chemist) - Im not sure it matters entirely as long as you get your folic acid and a handful of other essentials (both of which have them).

HTH x

6. CedarWood

CedarWood Well-Known Member

I stock up when abroad (am in Russia) I have the pregnacare conception and regular. Here I also buy 5 mg folic acid.

7. TTC4No3

TTC4No3 Mom of 3

I've been taking Pregnacare Conception since starting ttc for #3; and now bought the double pack with the His and Hers. I took the basic Pregnacare ones throughout both my previous pregnancies/breastfeeding and never had any problems with them so I don't mind sticking with the same brand :) Also not too expensive when 3 for 2 at Boots; works out £9.98 for 3 months supply.

8. Staceyxxx

Staceyxxx Mummy To 2 Little Angels

What vitamins do you all take? x