pregnancy after lletz

Stacey_89

Team PINK
Reaction score
So in june 2014 i had a procedure done called a LLETZ on my cervix to remove my precancerous cells they were detected on my first smear test.

Iv had the all clear since so iv only had the procedure done once,they hospital didnt say anything if they took alot of cervix off. Normally if they do they will inform you.

Anyways i have a consultant on 12th may to talk about it,not really sure what they will do.
The only time iv heard of people having their cervical length checked is people who have had two or more procedures.

Just wondered if anyone has had a baby after a lletz or is pregnant after a lletz x

I had this back in 2005, but it was called a LEEP procedure here in the U.S. Pretty sure it is the same thing, as what you describe is exactly what I had. I am pregnant now but not any father along then you so not sure my input is really helpful. good luck!

I had it done in 2011. I got pregnant March 2013. I was told that having the procedure once was no concern and that they would not worry about it unless I had had it done twice (or more). I had no issues what so ever. Went in to labour naturally at 39 weeks. I would say though that I took a loooong time to dilate, and they said that could have been due to scar tissue.
If they think it has weakened your cervix, they will put a stitch in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->