Pregnancy after vasectomy

tiredmumma

Reaction score
Just how common is this?

Hubby had one almost five years ago after our second was born. I’m now late with no sign of it starting. I’m holding out for a test on the basis it’s highly unlikely but can’t help wondering.

At the time it was very much a joint decision but just lately i’ve been feeling like I’m not quite ‘done’. So, while it isn’t the plan (hubby rightly so still thinks financially and practically two is the limit) if it were to happen now I wouldn’t exactly be devastated!

If I were, three would have to be the limit - but not sure what option we would go for from there if this had failed!

I don’t think it’s very common— maybe 1% chance?? But that being said I have heard of it happening with a few acquaintances!

ive never personally heard of it happening BUT you are told when you sign the paper work that it is not 100% and that tubes can grow back together. ITs a very slim chance but its a chance all the same x

ive never personally heard of it happening BUT you are told when you sign the paper work that it is not 100% and that tubes can grow back together. ITs a very slim chance but its a chance all the same x

I’m sure they told us that, at the time I would have deleted it from my mind as we were sure we did not want anymore.

Five years on i’m more on the fence between you only live once and be practical. What will be will be. The kids have been wishing for another sibling so they would be happy (and start wishing for a lot more things no doubt!)

I don't think anyone pays proper attention to it at the time lol. I hope things turn out how you want them hun. Im the same as you :lol: My husband had the snip after our third (although our reasons are it wouldn't be fair to add another when our current three all have health issues) but I so desperately want another baby :lol: baby fever is real

Did he have a follow up semen analysis? If he did and it was clear then it is very unlikely as failure rate is less than 1 in 2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"