pregnancy amnesia at its worst

19Sarah87

mom of 2
Reaction score
i thought id share my embarrasing moment today thanks to pregnancy amnesia.
I went to the shops and gave my ds a toy car to pay for at the checkout like i usualy do. After rushing around the shops i paid for my shopping. Half way home i quickly took my apsirin and looked down at my quite boy to find him still holding the car. I had completly forgot about the car and forgot to pay for it!! aaarrrggghhh i felt like such a thief not to mention the embarrasment of my mum almost peeing herself laughing. I have never forgot to pay for anything EVER now the next time i go in ill have to take them the money and explain that i forgot to pay last time which will just be cringe worthy. It was only a pound but still.

:haha: I seem to be suffering worse with this pregnancy than DD (and I'm only 4-5 weeks preg!)... I already turned the kitchen light off twice while DH was still in there cooking :blush: and questioned a cashier yesterday about the price of something we bought... Forgetting that in the US they add tax AT the cash register. I felt like a numpty :dohh:

Totally minor things, but I get embarrassed so easily! I'm screwed if this is how I am at the beginning of the pregnancy!!!

i thought id share my embarrasing moment today thanks to pregnancy amnesia.
I went to the shops and gave my ds a toy car to pay for at the checkout like i usualy do. After rushing around the shops i paid for my shopping. Half way home i quickly took my apsirin and looked down at my quite boy to find him still holding the car. I had completly forgot about the car and forgot to pay for it!! aaarrrggghhh i felt like such a thief not to mention the embarrasment of my mum almost peeing herself laughing. I have never forgot to pay for anything EVER now the next time i go in ill have to take them the money and explain that i forgot to pay last time which will just be cringe worthy. It was only a pound but still.

:haha: I seem to be suffering worse with this pregnancy than DD (and I'm only 4-5 weeks preg!)... I already turned the kitchen light off twice while DH was still in there cooking :blush: and questioned a cashier yesterday about the price of something we bought... Forgetting that in the US they add tax AT the cash register. I felt like a numpty :dohh:

Totally minor things, but I get embarrassed so easily! I'm screwed if this is how I am at the beginning of the pregnancy!!!

OMG! I can't stop laughing:rofl:

O dear lets hope it doesnt get any worse for you, :hugs:
I did really well in my other pregnancy i didnt have any memory problems........ unless i did and i blocked them out :shrug: i dont think i can go in that shop again, it would of been even more embarrasing if the alarm had gone off but i supose at least than it would of been brought to my attention :blush:

i have had pregnancy amnesia since october 2007 lol it changed name to "mummy brain" but im forever walking out the door without my keys or phone

At the weekend, as I was debating whether to find a loo before I got on the underground, I asked DH when the last time I peed was! Poor guy just laughed at me!

lipsty - :haha:

My worst was just after DD was born. I had an emcs and the midwife had just been around to check my dressing. After she left I thought I'd take a peak as I hadn't seen down there for some time lol. I looked and saw this "huge" (lol it looked huge at the time) red mass of blood!!! I pushed the emergency button and the midwife came running in and I explained that I was possibly bleeding to death :blush: she took a good look at the dressing again and then with a serious look on her face asked me if I had a tattoo....

....I have a heart tattoo just under my hip (panty line) I almost died with embarassment!! I completely forgot I had it as I hadn't seen it for so long!! :haha:

lipsty - :haha:

My worst was just after DD was born. I had an emcs and the midwife had just been around to check my dressing. After she left I thought I'd take a peak as I hadn't seen down there for some time lol. I looked and saw this "huge" (lol it looked huge at the time) red mass of blood!!! I pushed the emergency button and the midwife came running in and I explained that I was possibly bleeding to death :blush: she took a good look at the dressing again and then with a serious look on her face asked me if I had a tattoo....

....I have a heart tattoo just under my hip (panty line) I almost died with embarassment!! I completely forgot I had it as I hadn't seen it for so long!! :haha:

:rofl: this as me crying of laughter,

At the weekend, as I was debating whether to find a loo before I got on the underground, I asked DH when the last time I peed was! Poor guy just laughed at me!

:haha: i wouldnt be able to ask oh anything he as old age memory loss :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"