pregnancy amnesia at its worst

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by 19Sarah87, May 31, 2011.

1. 19Sarah87

19Sarah87 mom of 2

i thought id share my embarrasing moment today thanks to pregnancy amnesia.
    I went to the shops and gave my ds a toy car to pay for at the checkout like i usualy do. After rushing around the shops i paid for my shopping. Half way home i quickly took my apsirin and looked down at my quite boy to find him still holding the car. I had completly forgot about the car and forgot to pay for it!! aaarrrggghhh i felt like such a thief not to mention the embarrasment of my mum almost peeing herself laughing. I have never forgot to pay for anything EVER now the next time i go in ill have to take them the money and explain that i forgot to pay last time which will just be cringe worthy. It was only a pound but still.

2. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

:haha: I seem to be suffering worse with this pregnancy than DD (and I'm only 4-5 weeks preg!)... I already turned the kitchen light off twice while DH was still in there cooking :blush: and questioned a cashier yesterday about the price of something we bought... Forgetting that in the US they add tax AT the cash register. I felt like a numpty :dohh:

Totally minor things, but I get embarrassed so easily! I'm screwed if this is how I am at the beginning of the pregnancy!!!

3. rosequartz

rosequartz Pregnant with 1st Baby

OMG! I can't stop laughing:rofl:

4. 19Sarah87

19Sarah87 mom of 2

O dear lets hope it doesnt get any worse for you, :hugs:
    I did really well in my other pregnancy i didnt have any memory problems........ unless i did and i blocked them out :shrug: i dont think i can go in that shop again, it would of been even more embarrasing if the alarm had gone off but i supose at least than it would of been brought to my attention :blush:

5. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

i have had pregnancy amnesia since october 2007 lol it changed name to "mummy brain" but im forever walking out the door without my keys or phone

6. lipsty

lipsty Pregnant with #1!

At the weekend, as I was debating whether to find a loo before I got on the underground, I asked DH when the last time I peed was! Poor guy just laughed at me!

7. tannembaum

tannembaum Little Elsie bums mum!

lipsty - :haha:

My worst was just after DD was born. I had an emcs and the midwife had just been around to check my dressing. After she left I thought I'd take a peak as I hadn't seen down there for some time lol. I looked and saw this "huge" (lol it looked huge at the time) red mass of blood!!! I pushed the emergency button and the midwife came running in and I explained that I was possibly bleeding to death :blush: she took a good look at the dressing again and then with a serious look on her face asked me if I had a tattoo....

....I have a heart tattoo just under my hip (panty line) I almost died with embarassment!! I completely forgot I had it as I hadn't seen it for so long!! :haha:

8. 19Sarah87

19Sarah87 mom of 2

:rofl: this as me crying of laughter,

9. 19Sarah87

19Sarah87 mom of 2

:haha: i wouldnt be able to ask oh anything he as old age memory loss :haha: