Pregnancy and afterwards buddies - due July/August, Natural parenting, UK

Kess

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently 14 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and I'm looking for people roughly around the same (couple of weeks either way is fine). I'm hoping to be able to exchange emails and maybe txts/msn, and maybe even meet up if you live close enough. I ideally want people planning a Natural Parenting style (at least planning on breastfeeding as it'd be nice to exchange tips and support when the time comes) and/or homebirth.

I don't have many local friends due to an anxiety disorder, and I'm the first out of my friends to be pregnant, so I'm looking for a friend who's going through the same things as me.

Hi, I also posted a thread looking for a bump buddy due July/August. I'm 14 weeks and a day and am due 5th August

Hi, I also posted a thread looking for a bump buddy due July/August. I'm 14 weeks and a day and am due 5th August

Hi there! Want to be bumpbuddies then? Are you planning a Natural Parenting style or breastfeeding, or a homebirth?

Hi, I'm more than happy to be your bumpbuddy. I will be having my baby in a hospital because I've been told that I may have some problems later on in my pregnancy, as I'm slightly underweight. Hopefully, all that means is an additional scan at 32 weeks but I'm just being cautious. However, I want to have a water birth there in one of the birthing pools if everything goes to plan, so that's quite important to me. Ideally I want the birth to be as natural as possible, although if I really need pain relief other than gas and air, I'd have it. I'm also going be breastfeeding. I won't be co-sleeping though as I tend to move about quite a bit in my sleep so I'd worry about having my baby in the same bed as me. What about you? Are you having a homebirth?

Hi, I'm more than happy to be your bumpbuddy. I will be having my baby in a hospital because I've been told that I may have some problems later on in my pregnancy, as I'm slightly underweight. Hopefully, all that means is an additional scan at 32 weeks but I'm just being cautious. However, I want to have a water birth there in one of the birthing pools if everything goes to plan, so that's quite important to me. Ideally I want the birth to be as natural as possible, although if I really need pain relief other than gas and air, I'd have it. I'm also going be breastfeeding. I won't be co-sleeping though as I tend to move about quite a bit in my sleep so I'd worry about having my baby in the same bed as me. What about you? Are you having a homebirth?

Yup. I've hired an independent midwife to make as darn sure as possible that it happens, and I'm planning on using a tens machine, a birthpool, massage and hypnotherapy to manage the pain. MW will bring gas and air, but won't offer it, she'll only give it to me if I really ask for it, is what we've arranged.

I'm going to breastfeed on demand, and although we won't have little one in our bed probably (if we did, though, I'd use one of those nest things), s/he'll be in a side-car cot arrangement. I'm hoping to use a sling/carrier a lot and respond to every cry (my Mom is already lecturing that I'll "spoil" the baby, making a rod for my own back etc!) etc in an AP kinda way.

Hey! I'm due 16th August, just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy :) I haven't been on this site long. But loving it loads already, very helpful.

Hey ProudMommy, how are you? Have you had your first scan yet?

I'm having my baby right next to me in a Moses basket for the first few months so I'll be able to attend to him/her quickly. The massage and hypnotherapy part sounds great. I'd have liked something similar if I'd chosen a homebirth.

Hey ProudMommy, how are you? Have you had your first scan yet?

Yep. We had it last week and everything looked fine. Going for a brain scan when I'm 16 weeks as my last pregnancy didn't go very well and then a gender scan a few days after. Hope you're all having good pregnancies so far :) x

I'm having my baby right next to me in a Moses basket for the first few months so I'll be able to attend to him/her quickly. The massage and hypnotherapy part sounds great. I'd have liked something similar if I'd chosen a homebirth.

I think you could probably do some of the hypnotherapy even in hospital - the main point is to keep you relaxed and feeling in control. I've had it before for panic attacks and IBS, and have used it successfully myself in loads of situations. My hypnotherapist taught me a bunch of relaxation tricks that have been really useful.

Hey! I'm due 16th August, just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy :) I haven't been on this site long. But loving it loads already, very helpful.

Hey ProudMommy! You're only a few weeks behind me! It is a great site, isn't it?

Where abouts are you both?

I think you could probably do some of the hypnotherapy even in hospital - the main point is to keep you relaxed and feeling in control. I've had it before for panic attacks and IBS, and have used it successfully myself in loads of situations. My hypnotherapist taught me a bunch of relaxation tricks that have been really useful.

Hey ProudMommy! You're only a few weeks behind me! It is a great site, isn't it?

Where abouts are you both?

It's brilliant! :) If only I knew about this site when I had my two girls. I'm originally from the west midlands.

Shame your last pregnancy didn't go so fell :( Hope the brain scan goes well for you. I have a gender scan booked for the 22nd feb. I'm really excited!

Thanks Kess, will have to find out about that at my next midwife appointment! I live in, whereabouts are you from

Shame your last pregnancy didn't go so fell :( Hope the brain scan goes well for you. I have a gender scan booked for the 22nd feb. I'm really excited!

Thanks :) I hope your scan goes well. Should be an emotional time for you. We've never had one done before. But because this is my last pregnancy, trying to make the most of it.

Hi, I'm due 16th august and will be having a hospital birth but definately want to breastfeed and currently thinking about reusable nappies too - does that count as natural parenting?

Hi, I'm due 16th august and will be having a hospital birth but definately want to breastfeed and currently thinking about reusable nappies too - does that count as natural parenting?

Hey hun. We share the same due date :) Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Thanks Kess, will have to find out about that at my next midwife appointment! I live in, whereabouts are you from

Live in where, sorry? PM me if you don't want to say on open thread.

It's brilliant! :) If only I knew about this site when I had my two girls. I'm originally from the west midlands.

Oooh, I grew up in north Birmingham, and my family still all live there! I'll be interested in how you find having three kids, as that's the tentative number DH and I have floated as our eventual goal (subject to change if this first baby puts us off totally!). What age gaps have you got?

Probably! ;)

ProudMommy and MrsWifey, I'll add you both to my BumpBuddy list if that's alright?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"